Part 1

A/n I think i did mention that this is my first fan fic on here so please tell me what you think<3 also the art for my cover picture does not belong to me credit to the artist. I don't own shingeki no kyojin or any of the characters :3
***
Annie's PoV
I sit here, unmoving, in complete silence. To the outside world; I appear to be dead. To the spirit world; I appear to be alive. There is no place for me. I occasionally get visits from Eren, after he's been in his Titan form. As soon as he recovers he leaves. It's a shame really. We've never gotten along and i think he thinks it's just a dream but it's nice to have someone to talk to once in a while. I am not completely dead though. Nor am I completely alive. I lie dormant in my crystal, oblivious to the world around me. My crystal keeps me here as I am attached to it. It's coldness used to tingle against my skin when I moved but now I don't feel a thing. It traps me here. It turns my heart colder and colder being trapped like this. My heart is cold; just like ice.
Armins PoV
The sudden light threatens to blind me. The heat feels like it's cooking me alive. No wait, it is. How's the mission doing without me, I wonder? Am I dead? I thought once you were dead it was painless. If this is what it's like to be dead then it's going to be a looooong eternity. I slowly begin to open my eyes. At first I can only see the area that is right in front of me but as my eyes begin to adjust I see something reflecting the light back at me.  I see it fully now. A giant crystal. That's not all; someone seems to be attached to it. My head starts to spin. Annie? It can't be, she's not dead? How do I get over to her? I start to swim through the darkness to reach her. "Annie?!" I yell. Whoever's there looks up. As I reach her I notice that she had become one with the crystal. Her entire body has turned the same ice blue colour. The only human part left is the soft skin in a  masquerade mask shape around her eyes. They flutter open and look at me.  Reflective of my fire light; they shine like stars. I see her frown in confusion. "Eren? You're on fire? What happened out there, Titan boy? And why did you sound like armin? Hah oh how is he?sometimes I miss him." Annie laughs to herself. Eren? What? That must mean...
This is the between realm, a place where the living mingle with the dead. Annie is not dead. I refuse to think that. By the sounds of things Eren comes here often. Maybe in those few days after an especially bad Titan transformation. "Annie it's me, Armin." I say, flatly. Whilst I do miss her I'm annoyed that she thought I was Eren.
"Armin?"
Annie's PoV
"You're early." I tell him. He's not supposed to be here. I've seen it before a few times. People come to this between realm in awful conditions, barely hanging on and I think to myself how can a person let themselves fall so far back? No one ever stays long in the between realm. They either pull through and manage to live or, quite simply, they die. In his state he'll be gone by morning. I don't know what I'm doing. I lean forwards and take his face into my hands. It burns my ice cold skin but I ignore the pain. I bring his face closer to mine and look into his beautiful, confused eyes. I sigh as my lips crash into his. I can feel my own face melting as massive amounts of smoke fly from us. He is melting me and I am smothering him. Our tongues dance with one another and we cringe slightly in pain. He tastes just like fire.