The Admirer (Kathniel) [One Shot]

Kathryn Bernardo was doing the same thing over and over again.

Wake up. Take a bath. Eat. Go to work. Eat. Go home. Eat. Sleep.

Her friends are worried sick about her. She was depressed.She wouldn't even eat the first few weeks and then finally, her friends managed to (force) feed her. She would keep on daydreaming and keeps on crying every single night.

She felt so alone. But she never was.

He was always there.

Daniel Padilla. This boy never gives up. Kath barely looked at him but he would do anything to make her smile. He tried talking but it never worked. Ni konting 'aah' hindi sinabi ni Kath. He tried making her laugh but she just gave her a distant stare (which is totally embarassing, by the way.). Once he tried talking to her she didn't respond. So after that, he losed all his confidence and kept on staring.

She always do that but Daniel couldn't help but get mesmerized at her stares. And the way she sighs as if she carries the world. The way her hair will flow when the wind passed by. And especially when she suddenly looks down on the ground and give a small sad smile, as if remembering a distant memory.

She has been doing that everyday in the bus stop while Daniel sits at the far end of the chair just staring at her. But he noticed she didn't seem to care.

But today was different. Today Kath decided to go to the park to get some fresh air. Even Daniel was taken off guard. Usually she just wait for a bus and then leave, not giving him a second look.

She walked at the park. She still has that blank expression but Daniel saw it in her eyes that she was happy to be here. If she's so happy to be here then why won't she always come here? 

She suddenly stopped Daniel almost ran her over. She walked towards the bench and sat there. Daniel was eight feet away from her and he did what he does every afternoon. He stared at her.

But then he mentally slapped himself. He thought, Hey, if she did something new then so shall I. Maybe a little talking won't hurt?

He walked towards her. Leaves rustled as he walked and Kath rubbed her arms together and blew some air in it. Daniel was confused. It's not that cold.

"H-Hey Kath. You don't know me but I know you."

Nothing.

"W-Well i'm not a s-stalker or anything since I only knew you're name when I saw your I.D. A pretty name for a pretty lady, huh?"

Okay, flirting didn't work.

He was about to walk away, cheeks red with embarassment. Then he saw the surrounding. "Hey! It's the golden hour!" he screamed. He looked back at her and she was looking at him.