the symptoms 1

It all started when the Walker's came for dinner at our place. We were ready and mom was really excited to finally meet them again after a long period of time when they decided to travel to Canada in the sake of business.

I won't lie if I said that I was counting down the days until their arrival, and like any typical girl who had a crush on a guy, mine was MR. and MRS. Walker's son 'Caleb'. I've been having feelings for him since I was 13. but he utterly broke my heart when he told me that he felt a strange feeling towards a girl. I was so excited, and I thought it would be me, but he meant another girl 'Martha Adams' my cousin.

At that time I didn't know how to respond, I always thought he was being close to me because he wanted us to be more than friends, but he was using me to get to Martha. I just couldn't stand the fact that he wasn't having any feelings for me.

I wished both of them luck, and I had to be happy for Martha; because she is my cousin. But I had never talked to Caleb after that.

After few days, his father had to leave to Canada to continue his doctorate degree in medicine and his family had to follow him to support him. I was relieved that Caleb will no longer stay in West Village, but on the other hand, I didn't want him to leave, so that I would never lose the feeling of safety when he's around.

Sometimes I wish my heart wasn't like this, forgives so easily, and can no longer stay mad at anyone. But I can't do anything to change it.

____________

"Today is the day" I sighed while putting the last bobby pin. I wasn't looking forward to this day at all, but mom was the complete opposite of me. She couldn't stay quiet about it and she never stopped counting down the days until this day as well. She even started preparing everything for them, because she will finally meet her friend, to be precise her best friend.

Yes! Caleb's mom is my mother's best friend. they have known each other since they were really young, and they were really close to a point that if a stranger saw them together, he/she would think that they are sisters. Sometimes I would think that they are really cute, acting as if they were teenage girls and obsessing about bands from the 80's.

But both of them had different interests. Mom was the one who was interested in literature. She always wanted to be an author, but because she had gotten married and had me and Andrew, she had to give up on writing and focus on something else. She focused on nursing since it was the only option for her. And on the other hand, Mrs. Walker wasn't the 'wifey' material as they say. She was more of a 'scientific mom', who would spend hours and hours in the library reading and learning about science. My father also loved science, and both of MRs. Walker and father would always annoy mom with their scientific facts and arguments. 

what an amazing friendship! Right? mom met Mrs Walker 'Anna' in the 8th grade and they became really close. 'Anna' met father in college and she decided to itroduce him to mom and both of mom and dad developed feelings for eachother. Cliche haha!

What can I say? Luck!?

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and all I saw was a black-haired girl biting on her lower lip and intertwining her fingers in front of her.

I tilted my head to the side and heaved a big sigh. I was wearing a knee-length pink sundress that mom insisted on me to wear it when the walker's visit us. Although I tried to convince her numerous times that I hated pink, she always thought that it was the color that suited me the most.

I ran my hands along the dress trying to straighten it from the wrinkles that formed while I was doing my hair and makeup. at that time someone knocked on my bedroom door, not waiting for me to answer, the door immediately flung open to reveal my mother .