Part One

Another Hero Driven Out By Venus!

The chuckle escapes the villain's sunset lips as he tosses the newspaper into the recycle bin. The foolish humans still hold hope that they will be saved. How cute. They have yet to learn that Venus will never be defeated.

After all, he is the most powerful being of them all. He is a living aphrodisiac, a living Aphrodite! A super-human Venus Flytrap, where his name originated. Beautiful, but deadly. Oh, so deadly.

As Venus gazes into his makeshift mirror, he is almost bewildered. His beauty is paralyzing. His reptilian green eyes can stop any man in his tracks, bending to his will. His cheekbones can cut glass. His porcelain white skin begs you to reach out and stroke it, to confirm if it's as smooth as it appears. His ebony hair falls gently to his shoulders, the softest of silks. His plush pink lips dare you to give them a kiss, to seal your fate.

His body cannot be compared to a mere mortal's. Green vinyl clings to his full hips, hugging his plump rear. Black boots of the same fabric reach mid-thigh, the stiletto heels elongating his already long legs. His bare torso is slender, his arms thin and graceful. Feminine in the best of ways.

Call it arrogance if you will, but it is only fact. No one can resist him. They all can't help but fall to his feet; even the strongest give into his allure. How could they not? He is a God.

He pulls his gaze away from the mirror as a thick, smooth body wraps itself around his calf, slithering up his body to coil gracefully on his fragile shoulders. A forked black tongue flicks his cheek impatiently.

"Hello, baby girl." Venus coos to the Boa. "Shall we visit the city now?" She lets out a sharp hiss of confirmation. He laughs and places a soft kiss on her skull. "Okay, darling."

He puts on his gleaming green mask, admiring the way the snake scales catch the light, before leaving the abandoned factory he turned into his home long ago. A sneer makes its way on his face as his lungs are tainted by the polluted air. The air in his home is pure, not filled with the toxins of the modern world. Anne tightens her grip on his collar bone, equally as displeased.

"You insisted on leaving." He reminded her. She bats him with the end of her tail, shooting him a look. "I'm aware that I was running out of supplies, smart ass."

One of Venus's many gifts is the ability to communicate with the serpents he loves so much. He much prefers to speak to them, for they provide much better company than the pathetic little humans.

Frigid air whips his exposed skin as he walks, sending a single shiver down his spins. It has become an uncomfortable feeling ever since he was changed, the cold. Fortunately, he adapted to the temperatures. As had Anne, as long as she doesn't stay out in the cold for an extended amount of time. She is the only one of his children that can stay out for more than two hours in chilly weather. The others are okay - more so during summer nights than those of the fall or winter.

It doesn't take long to reach the city. Many consider it beautiful, its lights bright and lively, inviting even. Venus despises it. Cities are destroying the earth, slowly killing Mother Nature. Soon, the animal and plant population will dwindle down to nothing, leaving the hideous man-made creations the humans love so much. That will not happen to this city, he won't allow it.

As he enters, Venus holds his head high and struts down the populated streets. It's a Friday night, so there are quite a bit of people littering the sidewalks. Once the humans notice him, some gasp and hide their children, many scream and run, others freeze and stare. All stink with fear and avoid catching his hypnotic gaze.

Venus smirks and steps up to a slim brunette man. The human's breath catches in his throat as he keeps his eyes down. "Is the cement really that interesting?" He teases lightly, gesturing to the ground with a gentle, white hand.