A Letter from Heaven (A JulQuen One shot)

Letters from Heaven

 HER POV

It’s been five years since I left the Philippines for Germany. In this span of time, too many things have changed in the country where I used to live. They say that change is the only thing that’s constant in the world. Changes may be positive or negative, but we have to live with them.

“Julia, how are you?” I hear a familiar deep and masculine voice that causes me to spin around. The speaker holds a bouquet of flowers and flashes wide grin on his face that causes his eyes to sink beneath his cheeks.

“It’s been awhile.” I hug him tightly and he palms my back with his large hands. He softly plants a kiss on my cheeks. “I’ve miss you so much, Juls.” He says while giving me the bouquet of flowers.

“This is so sweet. Thank you.”

Even while I was away, my boyfriend always found time to visit in Germany. Every time he would visit, he would bear me gifts and news from the Philippines. That’s why I felt like I never left.

“Kathryn and Daniel couldn’t come to welcome you.” He says apologetically. “Something came up at home that they had to settle. Did I mention to you that Kath is pregnant again with their second child? Daniel is praying it would be a boy.”

“Yes, you mentioned it to me a few weeks ago, honey.” I say. “I’m so glad you always try to keep me updated about all these happenings while I’m gone. I’m so lucky to have a boyfriend like you.”

The smile on his face stiffens. My boyfriend is never good at hiding things from me. I can tell that something is bothering him because his thick eyebrows would always make a deep crease  between his slanted eyes and his eyes would wander at a distance.

“Jeron, what’s wrong?”

“It’s about Enrique.”

I deadpan. I always get shivers down my spine whenever I hear the name of the person who broke my heart almost seven years ago. Enrique Gil is my first love and even if I have Jeron now, I know that he will always be someone irreplaceable. But Quen, as I call him, chose to break my heart. He shattered it into tiny million pieces. I thought I would never recover until Jeron came along and slowly started picking up the bits and pieces of my broken heart. But we both know that no matter how hard he tries to recover every piece of my heart, he couldn’t make it whole again. He could only try to plaster the missing pieces with his own love.

“I don’t want to talk about him, honey.” I say, trying to shake off the topic.

“But Juls, there is something you should know about him.”

“I don’t care anymore, Jeron. I stopped caring already.”

Jeron take up speed. If my memory serve me right, Jeron is driving to the wrong place. Unless, the roads are rerouted, this isn’t the way to my house.

A Letter from Heaven (A JulQuen One shot)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें