Chapter 1

Dan's P.O.V

"And now we add our whiskers," Phil instructed, handing me the black marker so I could draw a cat nose and whiskers onto his face.

"Cool," I smiled at my friend, accepting the marker. I lean in close to Phil's face and start to colour the tip of his nose black. Then I started drawing the whiskers. Hey, since when was Phil's skin so smooth? I mean, with the black felt pen on his cheek, you can really see the contrast between the black pen and Phil's pale skin. No, what am I thinking? Phil's my best friend. And I'm not gay. Right?

"OK, all whiskered up. Now, you do me. Whisker me, I mean," I corrected myself.

"OK, move closer so I'm not breaking my back trying to stretch all the way over there," my friend requests.

"Sorry," I apologise, moving closer to where Phil was sitting on the bed.

"It's cool," he smiles. God, why does he have to have such an amazing smile? It's sort of lopsided but that what's so amazing about it. The fact that it's imperfect makes so much more perfect.

Phil's P.O.V

Dan seemed a bit hesitant to move closer to me. I wonder what's bothering him. I mean, it's so obvious something's bothering him. Did say something wrong earlier? Maybe he'll snap out it as we start shooting the video...

Dan's P.O.V

"OK, well, now that we both got our 'cat facial hair', let's start shooting the video," I suggest.

"Awesome! Can we run through this one more time?" Phil asked, eagerly.

"Sure. OK, so each video we take, tributes to this competition, will be a game that each will chose, in turns. Whoever wins each game, will receive a sticker of the game logo, or symbol or whatever, to put on this scoreboard," I explain, producing a cardboard scoreboard, embellishing their names at the top of it. "At the end of the year, we'll tally it all up, and whoever has the most wins!"

"We all know who's going to win," Phil boasted.

"Yeah, me! I'm gonna totally wreck you! Gonna lost in my dust!"

"I bet I'll beat you!" Phil challenged.

"Oh, really now? What would you bet?" I smirked, mischievously.

"If I win, you have to buy me all the cereal I can eat!" He declared.

"OK, fair enough. But if I win........Mmmmmmmmm......I can't think of anything right now. How about you just have to do anything I tell you for a week!"

"Sure, whatever. But I'm so gonna get all that cereal!" Phil boasted.

'I fully intend to win this competition, now. So, we'll see, Phil.' I turned away from Phil feild of vision, so he couldn't see me smirking. 'We'll see..."