CHAPTER 1

Hey...Uh Hi!!  Look, I'm not gonna make this long...this book is heavily detailed and the chapters might be long. If you don't like blood or stuff like that, I would read with caution!  I'm gonna keep it pg 13 though! I'm not that kind of person!
         Alright...you can go read now...sorry for interrupting :)

The last thing I could pull from my memory was the power shutting down. All the lights went dark and tv's went blank. Even phones stopped working. Everyone thought it was just your average black-out. But, something was off about this one. Everyone could feel it too. The tv suddenly turned on. It was just showing static, for a few seconds anyways. The image that appeared on the screen shocked us. It was a black circle with a red X over it.  I wanted to look away but couldn't. We all wanted to know what was going on. The screen blinked to another image. This time, it was a video...someone was talking. The voice was deep and calm. So calm to the point where it was unsettling. My stomach did flips when I heard the man speak. "War." "War is a fight between humans with different beliefs and opinions on a singular subject." He paused for a little bit before continuing. Which made it even more unsettling. "Humans are vulnerable." "We want someone to lead us." "Someone to command our every action. Our every word, every thought." "We're pathetic, mindless creatures." "We always want more, more, more." "Can never get enough." "We're greedy...selfish...disgusting." "We always want to fight." "We anticipate the moment when we can strike those who oppose our opinions." "Now, I'm no better than any of you, really." "But, at least...I can admit how worthless we are." "So...if it's a war you want...then it's a war you'll get."
        The TV went dark again. His last words rang in my ears. "If it's a war you want...then its a war you'll get." I shuddered. My spine tingled and I raised my shoulders to stop it. "Everyone stay calm...I'm sure it was just some stupid prank." My dad tried to reassure everyone. But, no one was buying it. Whoever-Whatever that was...meant business.
        "Yeah right dad!" "We're all gonna die!" Cried my sister Aubrey. She was the oldest out of both of us. But, I'm the smarter one.
        "Aubrey Lihn Morris!" Mom hissed. "Don't speak of such things." She crossed her arms and turned to dad. They both mumbled to each other for a few minutes. They turned back to us with firm looks. I could tell they were freaked as hell on the inside, but knew they had to be strong on the outside. The only light in the house was from the moon that shined brightly in the sky. Stars were freckled across the black expanse. "Girls. Go find some candles and matches." "Then we can talk about this." Aubrey and I crept into the kitchen. We couldn't see where we were going so we were shuffling about like blind men in the dark. We found the candles and matches stored away in the cabinet. Aubrey struck a match against the box and lit one candle so we wouldn't trip over each other in the dark. Mom motioned us to sit on the couch. I sat down with a thump. "We know you're worried-"
        "Let me interrupt you there." "We're not simply worried. Oh no!" I tried to to talk as arrogantly as I could. "We're FREAKED about this pre-apocalypse situation!"
"Ruby." My father gave me a warning glance. I rolled my eyes at him because he knew I was right."
"We have to remain calm." Mom stated. "We have plenty of canned food and water until the power comes back on." "Audrey, you're in charge-"
"Shhhhh." I put my finger up to my lips.
"Excuse me young lady." "Just because the power's off doesn't mean you're the boss!" Mom huffed.
"Seriously, shut up. All of you." Mom took in a breath to snap back but dad stopped her. "Listen." I scolded. I turned my ear to the window. It was a strange noise. It was a low rumbling, but it was growing louder. Something in my mind sent me into high alert mode. I ran to the front door, swung it open and ran outside to the front lawn. I stopped in my tracks when I saw what the noise was coming from. Three jets were streaming towards us. The moon light glinted of the wings and tail of the jet. Revealing another detail. The bellies of the plane were slowly opening. Lowering a missile shaped object. My mind went into overdrive. I couldn't speak, couldn't move, couldn't breathe. My sister was behind me. She grabbed my shoulder and shook hard. I could hardly hear what she was saying. But, I knew she was yelling.
"What the hell is wrong with you Ruby?!" She yelled. My nerves were still fried. All I could manage to do was to point at the jets. She followed my movements and then everything went black.

Hello again! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I was kind of skeptical about this book, but I was so into how it was infolding that I typed up chapter 2 as well. If you like it, then continue reading! If your willing to spare a few minutes tell me what you thought about it. Any questions or ideas are appreciated! Thanks you guys SO much for reading my stories that probably aren't that good lol.
~Maddie~