•Prologue•

The sound of the keyboard keys clicking echoed of the walls of the small office. The bright light from the computer illuminated the room making it slightly brighter. A girl sat in front of the computer tapping furiously against the keyboard. Blood stained her the side of her face. Her bright wheat colored eyes trained onto the screen. Her messy blood drenched milk chocolate brown hair stuck to her neck.

"Have you gotten the information yet." Another girl asked leaning over the desk peering at her. Her ashen white hair trimmed to her jaw line stuck out this way and that. Her stormy grey eyes twinkled mischievously. Her bottom lip was split and bleeding profusely. A long scar ran across her right eye. The brunette looked up, annoyance written across her face. "No I haven't, Winter, be patient."

Her sister rolled her eyes scratching the yellow tag that had been painfully inserted into her earlobe. It read the 18-14B8. The eighteen happened to be her age and the other four letterings were just the name of her cell and what she was known as. She traced her finger against the black handle of the pocket knife she'd managed to snag.

   Her sister, Autumn stood up with a satisfied  smile and made her way toward the printer. "I manage to hack into their system." She informed folding the newly printed paper before slipping it into the leather dog like collar strapped around her neck. She gripped the black flash drive with most of the info in it tightly. "And?" Winter raised an eyebrow slipping her pocket knife into her own collar.  "Apparently they're trying to make more people like...us." Autumn leaned against the desk.

   Before Winter could reply the chest nut brown colored double doors shuddered. "We know you're in there!!" Someone yelled from the other side. Winter cursed under her breath, she'd forgotten they'd been on a time limit. The door shuddered again as fists pounded against it. Autumn glanced around the room frantically. "There!" She ran across the room towards the window. She slammed the palms of her hands against it after realizing it was locked.

   Winter grabbed the computer monitor yanking it from under the desk. Autumn's eyes widened and she dove out of the way just as the monitor went flying straight through the window. Shards of glistening glass sailed through the air some scraping her as the came in contact with her exposed flesh. Winter grabbed her sister's arm yanking her off the ground. "Was that really necessary?" Autumn asked narrowing her eyes which formed into a heated glare when all she got was a shrug.

     The door shook. "Come on out!!!!" Winter narrowed her eyes. "Let's go." She tugged her sister towards the window. Autumn pulled away from her. "I'm not jumping out from a four story window!" "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you had another form of escape." Winter raised an eyebrow. "I- umm." Autumn looked away. "That's what I thought, now you can jump out willingly or I a can shove you out, its your choice." Winter crossed her arms.

    Autumn hesitated before sighing in defeat. Just as she put one foot out the window the door gave way. "Stop right there!" A guard shouted aiming his gun towards them. Winter quickly shoved the brunette out the window her scream lost in the cold night air. "Stop her!!!" The guard yelled. The other men behind him opened fire. She felt immense pain spread throughout her left shoulder blade. Gritting her teeth she dove out the window.