The Monster Increase

Combatant's Chronicle

The Monster Increase

Do not be alarmed about what I say in this book. If you are not on the planet of Witain, it will probably not effect you much, but if you are on Witain, or are a wizard at all, then burn your copy. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Day 1

Dear Diary,

Today was the beginning. When it all happened. My team attacked. Attacked Dark Wiz. My team included hundreds, maybe even thousands of wizards. Our families...were attacked and killed because Dark Wiz wanted the kingdom -- he was trying to make us surrender. It didn't go to well because it made us want to fight harder.

Let me catch you up, Dark Wiz is crazy. He is pretty invulnerable. He wants the kingdom so bad that he was willing to kill all of our families. Pretty evil, right? We won't allow it. So we attack. We start the attack. We started our journey today.

We have already seen some pretty amazing stuff even though we started today. Our journey began with a meeting. An unplanned, secret meeting.

He was attacking. We were preparing and planning. After his attack, and after he left, we all gathered around the center of town. We saw the wreckage and the bones and the blood and wanted revenge.

Anyone in their right mind would. We had to. It was only men left. He had taken the wives, the kids, the friends, anything and everything but the warriors.

We told ourselves that we would have revenge and made a plan. We were going to attack, attack the one who attacked us. It seemed like a foolish move and it was, but we are going any way.

Day 2

Today, we found a cave. A cave full of monsters and minerals. The cave was known as The Hole In Your Head meaning that it was a cave where you would probably get a hole in your head. The monsters infested the cave. A werewolf here, a vampire there, an altuate over there and a dragoniman in the corner. It was madness. We could not go through the cave and live. We had to go around.

You'd think it'd be easy. We are wizards. Another thing about this cave though, if you're within 10 miles of it, you can't use magic. It's impossible unless you're royal or an even higher rank then that. Impossible.

We couldn't go over, no way to get up there without our magic. Not under, it's a cave, it would be shorter to go 10 miles away and teleport. We had to go around. No other option then to go around.

"Why not tame a monster and ride it over?"

Everyone asks that. But we can't. We can't. If we were to try, all of the monsters would kill us before we got the monster we were trying to tame calm.

Impossible.

That word. It always popped its way into my head in times like this. It always will. Or will it? Will come a time when I think nothing is impossible? I don't know... but I'm not in that position right now. Just keep that word in you're head. You'll need to remember it. So will I.

Our journey has not ended to go around the cave yet. The monsters are starting to creep me out. I'm afraid one will jump out at us and eat us before we make it across. We set up camp on our way, and that catches us up with my writing.

Day 3

After we put out our poorly made fire and picked up our useless wands, we headed out. It was morning now. No one got any sleep. We were all tired but thinking about the situation kept us awake. Also, knowing we were within about half a mile of a place called The Hole in Your Head.

Any way, we kept going, nothing was coming between us and that bloody terrible wizard. All of us were exhausted and terrified of what was to come. After we were in a field far enough away from the cave, we trained for the big moment, although we knew that Dark Wiz and his minions were probably training as well.

You are probably wandering where we are going. Dark Wiz lives in a place called Rlfsachdsxi, spell language for Habin, his last name. It is in the clouds. In order to get up there, you either need a ride or a high place - a really high place.

We are taking a ride. We hope to either buy some trained dragons or flying broomstick or whatever. The flying broomstick is just a myth to my town, so I hope we find some to prove to the others that they are real.

To buy them, we have to go to a great place for training, buying and other great things, this place the mystical place every wizard wants to go. This place is Wizland.

Any way, we were still traveling. We were until we heard a noise. A familiar noise. An altuate noise. An altuate is a terrifying creature. It is very powerful. We had to stop it or tame it or kill it or something! My group started shouting random spells at this horrifying creature. Oodsb!

Buyabeteeteoo! We were doing any thing we could. Fire, water and acid were destroying the place. And somewhere in the chaos, something happened. And that something was a thunderstorm.

A thunderstorm is much more dangerous and rare on Witain. A lightning bolt struck the altuate and it fell over dead. Following that, a minion of Dark Wiz stood in the place if where the bolt was.

"Watch out for the red lightning! We're being attacked!"

Red lightning means Dark Wiz himself had come. The things is a red bolt of lightning struck within 15 yards of me. Instead of dying pretty quickly, I created a time barrier around our army. This caused time to freeze everywhere around the barrier that was not inside it. We set up camp and went to sleep. After that, we got up and trained. I broke the barrier and we teleported to a random location. Luckily, we were now only about 50 miles from the destination.

By the end of the day, we had traveled to the 25 mile mark. Our journey was nearing the end.

Day 4

Finally, we arrived at our magical destination, Wizland. We split up looking for a way to get to Rlfsachdsxi when a familiar, powerful voice said something.

"I here you are looking for a ride. We can help. Come to the castle."

The army did as the king said because the voice was Wand. He took us to a field of flying broomsticks. Wand said his army would help us and to wait a little bit so his army could get here. Some rude and impatient warriors didn't wait.

Instead, they grabbed a broom and flew off. I had to get them so I flew after them.

"Come back here! Also, I told you they were real!"

When Wand came back, we were all gone, taking his priceless flying rides with us. He was angry.

Arriving at the evil palace in the sky, Dark Wiz saw us. He hands were covered in several magical colors. They were on a power-ball, absorbing the energy. Finally, the power-ball was gone, or at least inside of Dark Wiz.

He used a power he hadn't used before. The power of huge transformation. He thought he was using a spell to kill us, or turn us into regular people or something. Instead, we all fell to our knees and transformed. Transformed into creatures. Random supernatural transforming creatures. I turned into a dragoniman. My friends turned into werewolves, vampires, etc.

Other Information

This is known in history as the Monster Increase.

If my handwriting is bad, it is because I wrote this with claws. Dark Wiz fell to the ground. He spent the next month recovering. Wand showed up and found an army of creatures with Dark Wiz lying down. Shocked, he teleported us all to the ground with the brooms. I gave him this journal and lived my life as a soldier. A dragoniman wizard soldier, guarding the gates of Wizland. This tale is a myth to normal wizards. But me, I am no normal wizard.

Today, my old town is a landmark. They never cleaned it up, instead they built a memorial to honor the dead. When people visit it, they realize this is not myth. This journal is held in the public part of Wand's castle. Which you probably already know because that is how you are reading this.

The lesson to be learned is don't steal a bunch of flying broomsticks. Trust me. Follow that rule.