1. D for Demons

I had not intended to choose a side in the so called "underground war". I always had stood beside my brothers, even when I believed them to be in the wrong. When dad died however, everything changed. I was free of his grueling, unbearable judgement, and left with an older brother who held the same morals, and a younger brother who had ached for the same freedom I had. I do not believe either of them could have ever predicted I would choose to run with the demons, and enjoy the terror and chaos that came with it. Making deals with my own kind, having to hear the same spiel of how I, Cherry Rose Winchester left the family business of killing demons, to serving them, willingly. Why I chose the life is unimportant, but how I became one of the key players in Lucifer's return to power, is the story I am eager to share.

"Rise and shine panda, the day is young and so are most of our clients." Crowley sang smugly, strolling through the door of my motel room. I rolled over, groaning into my pillow.

"Crowley, I wouldn't look like a panda if you demons realized I need more than four hours of sleep to function." Crowley snickered, seating himself in the armchair closest to my bed.

"And that is why I brought you a coffee, black as my soul." I sat up, giving him a small smirk before accepting the beverage.

"You're a saint." I laughed. He gasped in a mocking tone, brown eyes as wide as they could be.

"Are you trying to compliment or physically pain me?" He asked as I untangled myself from the musty, bed bug ridden sheets.

"Both." I winked, grabbing my travel bag from the bathroom. I quickly tugged on a plain black t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans and combat boots, all while topping off the attire with a form-fitting black leather jacket. At last minute, I remembered to slip on the angel wings pendant my mother had given me when I was only a toddler, shortly before she died. I stepped from the bathroom, only to be greeted by two more demons whom I was not acquainted with.

"So, this is sister Winchester, the human girl running with demons, wearing a pendant with the wings of angels" one of them began. Their vessel was a female in her early twenties, blonde, and beautiful besides the piercing black eyes which bore into me with fury.

"Easy now Tinker- she's proved time and time again she is loyal to us." Crowley tamed his comrade. Tinker's eyes reverted back to their usual blue, but did not lose their hatred an inch.

"Sister Winchester, I'm Reedus. Pleased to meet you." Reedus held out a dark, calloused hand, which I shook gratefully. Surprisingly, not all demons were terrible. Others, well, they didn't believe for a minute I was truly dedicated to the "dark side".

"Now that we have all made friends can we discuss the agenda for today?" Crowley muttered impatiently. We nodded. Turning to face him as he stood from his seat. "Cherry and I will be handling any and all affairs on the east and north sides of town. Tinker you take west, and Reedus, South. We will reconvene in Iowa at the same time tomorrow, agreed?" Tinker was out the door already while Reedus lingered, shooting me one last smile before leaving.

"Agreed." He said before disappearing without a trace. Crowley shook his head, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Why do the cute ones always like you?" He pouted. I stuck my tongue out at him as we disappeared into the darkness.

"Twenty deals sealed today." Crowley and I clinked martini glasses, toasting to a good sales day.

"I bet it's the beard drawing the in." I chuckled. Crowley rolled his eyes at me, scanning the atmosphere for more potential customers. He drained his glass, and stood, placing a crisp hundred dollars down the table.

"Get some rest tonight Panda, same day's work tomorrow." I waved as Crowley left, just as someone appered in his abandoned chair.

"Shit what the hell!" I exclaimed. The demon narrowed its eyes, annoyed by my human outburst of surprise.

"I would think a Winchester would be used to seeing demons by now, especially the one who ditched their family to live amongst the demons." The girl chided. She flipped her dark, velvety hair to the side, exposing a pointed face which showed little amusement. "I'm Ruby, we haven't been introduced yet, Cherry Rose." Ruby extended her pale, thin hand. I gave it a small shake before retracting.

"Why are we suddenly meeting then? Crowley didn't inform me I would be meeting with you." Ruby cackled dryly, shaking her head.

"Honey, no one knows about us meeting. I'm not on the good side with a lot of the demons, and if they knew I was here, they would most likely want my head. All affairs aside, I have come to propose an offer, something only a special case like you could handle." I raised my eyebrows quizzically. Special case like me? What did she mean? Ruby took my silence as a cue to continue, "You were previously a hunter, and once a hunter, you are always a hunter, even when you stupidly decide to run with the creatures you once hunted. Now, since you have become familiar with both sides, you may know a bit about Lucifer, the king of hell." I nodded, still confused as to why I would need to know about the likes of Lucifer. "Well, word is there is a group of demons working towards releasing Lucifer from hell and freeing him into the living world." I jumped up, eyes wide.

"What," I screeched, "Do you really Belive I would-" Ruby snapped her fingers, silencing me. I sat back down, pulling my chair back to the table.

"No, I wouldn't expect you to join them, dumbass. I expect you to join me in stopping them. Their leader, Lilith, is strong, all powerful, and is on a warpath to free Lucifer. Sixty-six seals must be broken in order for him to be freed. You may know who broke the first seal already." Ruby smiled smugly.

"No... Why would you expect me.." Ruby smiled wider, menace creeping into her eyes.

"Wow, you and your brothers really don't talk, do you? Dean is the one who broke the first seal. The first seal shall be broken when a righteous man sheds blood in Hell." She recited from memory. I felt my mouth fall open, dumbstruck.

"Wait...Dean...Dean was in Hell?" I whispered. I felt sick, bile writing it's way to escape.

"He was. It was own fault really- making a deal with a cross-road demon never ends well- you would know." I had so many questions, but Ruby had no time. "So, are you in or are you out? Maybe be the Winchester who saves the world instead of burning it into the ground." I thought for a moment. Halting the arrival of Lucifer would mean working against the demons, and I could not afford to have my employers livid. On the other hand, I was a Winchester, born and bred, and I knew I couldn't let Lucifer rise.

"Yes, fine. I'll join you." Ruby beamed, flashing her black demon eyes at me.

"Great. I'll be in touch when you are needed, sister Winchester." And without another word, she was gone.