Criss Cross

I felt a cool breeze blow past me as I walked intro Starbucks. The sweet aroma of coffee surrounded me. Nothing was different today, everything seemed normal. I walked up to the counter and ordered my drink.
I sat in one of the booths just thinking about random things like why was I 4'11 but 17 years old, and why were my feet size 5. I was called out of my thoughts when I heard my name.
I grabbed my drink and walked out of Starbucks for the last time in Arizona. I was moving later to day and its kinda hard for me. At least I'll be closer to my dad he moved to Texas when he and my mom split last year.
Walking I sipped my coffee walking down the street of Roanoak. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket so I took it out and saw my mom was calling.
"Hey mom what's up I just got out of Starbucks."
"Hey baby, can you head over to your aunts boutique on your way home, she has a going away present for you."
"Yeah sure, anything else ?"
"Be back by 7:00 sharp, okay because we are leaving right away bye baby I love you"
" I love you too mom." I said sighing. I walked into my Aunts boutique.
"Hey aunt Felia" I said hugging her. She was pretty young only 33 and looks just like me.
"Hi oh my gosh I can't believe your leaving."
"Yeah in like an hour" I said looking at her clock.
"Here" she said handing me a small box wrapped in pink wrapping paper and a white bow.
I opened the box and saw her Herophelia necklace. It was a necklace with three green stones to represent me, my mom and her eyes. It was surrounded with a gold outline. The second part of it was an gold infinity sign with the word live in cursive. It represents the infinite love we have for each other.
The last thing was a turtle ring that I loved when I was little. I put everything back in the box and hugged her, for a long time. I pulled away and said goodbye for the last time. I got home at exactly 7:00 sharp. Mom was already in the moving van. I got in her car and followed her on the drive way and I to the interstate.
"This is going to be a long drive" I mumbled.

*skip car ride she is now at her house in Texas.

My jaw dropped as I drove onto the driveway, the house was so huge. I got out and helped mom load there boxes into the house. We got half way through with the boxes.
"Hey babe why don't you look for your bedroom they both have bathrooms in them." She smiled as she knows that I have always wanted my own bathroom.
I quickly ran upstairs and into a a room. The walls were a grayish color that worked well with my landscape paintings.
I looked in the bathroom and absolutely loved it.
"Mom I love this place" I yelled sliding down the spiral railing.
"Great bow go meet the neighbors."
"What if they think i'm 8 or something ?"
"Then screw them " said smiling.
I walked to the mirror making sure I looked okay before heading out. I walked to the house on the left and ran up the steps. I knocked on the door and a boy my age opened the door.
"Go away little girl I don't want your cookies." He said shutting the door. What the fuck I whispered. I knocked again and the same boy appeared.
"Actually I'm 17 and here's the proof" I said shoving my drivers license at him. He looked at it and handed it to me. This time I got a really good look at him.
"Holy shit he's hot" I said unaware that I said it out loud.
He chuckled before saying his name.
"Hey I'm Gabriel Mathis."
"I'm Kara winters"
"Wait aren't you Gabriel.laceup.?"
He nodded
"Well bye it was nice meeting you "
"Bye " I said then doing my happy dance screaming.
"I didn't close the door yet" he said laughing. My face turned as red as my hair which made him laugh harder.

This is my first ever book but I hope you guys like it 💜💜