Teardrops Of A Lightweight

There are no words to paint a picture of you. There really are no words.

Your eyes, and those curves, it's like you're from some other world. When you walk in my way, God, it's so frustrating!  It makes me feel so small, like I've got no chance at all.

If you could be my superman, we'd fly to the stars and back again. 

Because every time you touch my hand,I can feel those powers of yours running through your veins.

It makes me feel so small. If I could read your mind, I would kill to find, any trace of me at all. If you could be my superman,I'd be your wonder woman!

It’s as if every time you touch my hand, I can feel my powers running through your veins. But, I know that I'm not that strong.  We walked the halls at school and we know it's casual.

The truth is I've grown fond of you so much! And, everyone knows we’re meant to be! That’s what’s infuriating me! Are you blind to my love plea? I know it would be my greatest mistake if I never told you how I felt, but I can’t stand another minute in this quiet solitude.

But, we’re just friends. Not friends with benefits, or no strings attached. We’re best friends. This is really quite desperate!

This morning, when we met in the parking lot, you called me beautiful. You didn’t mean much to it, but it meant the world to me! It’s so sad.

I looked across the room.  There you were with her. She was beautiful, lean, and curvaceous. Blond! And there was me, who was average, clumsy, scared, Redhead!

I’ve heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason. Bringing something we must learn, and we are leant to those who help us most to grow. We help them in return. I don’t know if I believe that’s true, but knowing you, Jay is the greatest thing. Just knowing you, I have been changed for good.

I sighed. Watching the two of you dance was just killing me. I mean I’ve been with you since sophomore year of secondary school up until now in our senior year of university. Being in love with you for these past five years have been terrible.

Seeing countless girls fawn over you, them asking me what your opinion was, or even you chasing bumbling fools. I deserved you. Oh, Jay!

I mean I had brains and knowledge. I was even popular among the guys as their best friend.

Or may be that was it? Best Friend? I was always the best friend.

“Hey, Jess!” I turned, seeing Pete waving in my direction.

I got up from my perch on his bar stool, weaving my way through the drunken crowd. “What’s up?”

“Did you hear from Oxford yet?”

I grimaced. “I’m actually hoping not to. Ugh! Law school will be the death of me–and I’m not even yet.” I laughed.

“You’ll get in! I already got my letter!”

“You’re an idiot!” I laughed. “Did you bribe your way into admissions?”

“Hey, hey! Those are fighting words, my friend.” Jay chortled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.