Chapter One - And One and Two

"Step! Kick ! Jump ! Plié ! " they yelled.

Rey Kenobi was in the back corner and doing all the moves that were being called out.

"Okay " the director yelled. The old man walked over and pointed at her "number 68... You're cut " he said and pointed to the door.

She sighed and grabbed her bag and walked out. That was the fifth audition she had been cut from this week.

Another night at the restaurant then. She really hated New York.

"Go to South Dakota ... Grandma Josie needs help" her father said.

But Rey took ever dime she had ever said and moved from a small town in Texas to New York.

She walked down the street , her dance bag in hand and tap shoes in her hand . She had changed into sneakers and was gonna be late.

She quickly darted home and ran up the stairs . She opened the door and saw that the click read 7:30...

Fuck

She had to be at work at eight. She jumped to her room and got out her uniform .

She slipped her black skirt on with her white blouse and her red apron, she slipped black flats on and then walked out with her black bag.

*[*]*

"Hi , welcome to the Ashford , my names Rey and I'll be your server , can I get you guys some drinks to start off on?"

"Tea" the blonde lady with the pixie cut said .

"Iced coffee " the ginger man said.

"Black coffee" the man with the black hair said to her .

"Coming right up" she smiled and then walked off to the kitchen .

"So , how'd it go?" Alice asked .

"You don't wanna know" Rey shook her head as she poured some ice in a cup for the ginger man.

"That bad?" Alice raised a brow.

"That bad ... I was the first person cut ... Right after we learned the damn number ..." She rolled her eyes.

"So no call back then ?"

"Never in a million years ..." She sighed

"Maybe you should as Poe for help.. Maybe he could give you like a recommendation-"

"No !" She said "I am not gonna ask him to give me a job ! I can make it without my brother's help" she then walked off with the coffee and tea for the trio over there.

"Here you go ... Iced coffee for you sir , tea for you miss and black coffee for you sir ... Are you all ready to order?" She asked sweetly , they all dressed nicely so she figured they would give her a big tip if she was kind enough .

"We'll need a couple more minutes thank you" the blonde said.

Rey smiled and walked to another table. She was taking another tables order and began to listen in their conversation the second she heard Broadway.

"It's a wonderful idea Gwen" the dark haired man said.

"I'm glad you think that way ... Mr. Solo , Bradford and I were hoping that you wouldn't mind directing ..."