Part 1: The Drive

10:49 P.M.

Alex:

Hey, how's the drive?

It was 11:10 and I had just stopped at a tiny gas station. The streets were empty, no cars to be found on either side. I yawned and leaned back, feeling a pop in my shoulder. When I read the text from my brother, I immediately called him as I set the pump into my gas tank.

"Hello?" He asked through the sound of muffled music in the background.

"Hey, Alex. Which exit was it again?" The pump clicked and I set it back on the rack and slid my debt card through to pay.

"Uhm- one sec." I heard him cover the phone as faint voices spoke back and forth. I walked into the station and grabbed a Pepsi. As I set it on the counter, another yawn came along. "Yeah, it's I-48."

"I-48?" I asked to make sure as I dug around my purse to find some change.

"Yeah. Are you close?"

"Yeah, I think so." I walked out the store and towards my car. "I'm so tired though."

"Okay, well stay on the phone with me so you don't fall asleep." Alex chuckled.

"I'll be fine!" I exclaimed, sitting back down in my car that felt awfully comfortable.

"Seriously, Lua, I don't want my lil' sis fuckin' dying before she moves in."

"Whatever, okay." I sighed, pulling out a cigarette and starting my car.

"I really think you'll like it here. It's got a really cool music scene even though the town's not that big." Alex was a bassist. He sang too, made bedroom recordings and everything, but he always had a hard time finding a good band to stick with.

"Any luck with a band?" I asked in a hopeful voice as I got back on the highway.

He gave a low grumble. "No, not really. But Damon and I have recorded some stuff together."

"Damon?"

"Yeah, my roommate, remember? He plays piano but he's mostly into poetry and shit like that." By the sound of his voice, he seemed distracted and I could hear quiet laughter in the background.

I giggled. "Shit like that, huh?"

"Yeah, we've become pretty close lately." Alex laughed. "He keeps LEAVING THE PEANUT BUTTER JAR OPEN!" His erupted with laughter again and a few mumbles were let out. "Sorry."

"What the hell, Alex?" I laughed, flicking my cigarette out the window.

"Damon's outside, I was just yelling at him."

"Well, you two better figure out this peanut butter crisis before I get over there." I joked, keeping an eye out for my exit.

In a stubborn voice, Alex spoke in a way that reminded me of when we were little. "Yeah, yeah, just keep driving."

"I miss you, Alex." I smiled to myself.

"Awh, Lua." He chuckled. "I love you, sis."

"Okay! I see the exit. Finally." I sighed and slowed down as I entered the small road. It was now 11:57 and I was ready to pass out.

"WHOO!" Alex yelled and I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up the neighbors.

"Alright, you have to guide me now. What street?" Alex told me exactly what lefts and rights to take until I arrived to the street, slowly skimming the dark houses for a 8836. Finally, I came across the silhouette of two idiots standing in front of a house and assumed it was the correct one. I pulled up and parked by the curb, dragging my zombie body up and out of my car.

"Sis!" Alex exclaimed, holding 2 beers and hugging me before handing one over.

"Hey!" I sleepily smiled. "I can't drink this, I'm too tired."

"Come on, Lua! We waited up for you so we could party!" Alex whined, walking back up the driveway with Damon as I followed behind.

"You would've stayed up and partied anyways." I rolled my eyes and laughed. We walked into the house and I gave in, taking a sip of my beer. "Fine, let's party."

Damon chuckled to himself, glancing at me for a short moment before sipping his own beer. I had never seen him before and couldn't make out his features too well when we were outside. In the light of the house, I noticed his dark blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. To say I wasn't expecting 'The Damon' to look this way would be an understatement. I awkwardly walked into the kitchen where Alex was.

"Okay, we got chips and salsa." He said, as he munched on the food. He picked up a container and held it beside his face, giving a silly smile and batting his eyes. "We even got you guacamole 'cause I know how much you love it."

"Best brother ever!" I exclaimed, walking over to open the package and eat.

Damon leaned against the island and smiled. "I'd never had guacamole until I came here, actually."

My eyes widened as I looked to Alex in confusion. Again with the surprises, I wasn't expecting a British accent to come out of his beautiful face. "Oh, yeah, Damon's from England." Alex casually said while overflowing his corn chip with salsa.

I smiled to Damon, most likely looking like a dork. "So, do you like it?"

"Being British?" Damon questioned, his eyebrows burrowed down.

"Oh, I meant the guacamole." I sipped my beer, trying not to die from embarrassment.

Alex bursted into a loud fit of laughter. "Being British?" He mimicked in a bad accent. "Damon, you fucker." He joked, raising up and looking to me with a very matter-of-fact face on. "He was messing with you."

I looked over to Damon who held a heavy smirk on his face as he turned to the side. The heat in my body rushed to my face as I forced out a laugh.

"I love this song!" I yelled out, running over to the stereo and turning the silver nob up. I shook my head to the beat of New Age Girl by Dead Eye Dick. Damon chuckled to himself as he sat on the sofa, his third beer in hand. Alex raced from the kitchen to join me in my lip syncing. "Come on!" I motioned bravely to Damon as he smiled, watching me. I kept waving my hand, looking like I was mentally challenged, but I couldn't help myself. The alcohol was getting to me. "Come on!" I repeated and Damon mumbled 'alright' and scrambled up from the couch. I grabbed his arms and flailed them around to get him to move.

"Feel the music!" Alex banged his chest with his fists as I nearly fell down from laughter.

Damon started jumping up and down and singing along. We all danced to each song that came on from Alex's mix tape which he made in high school.

"THIS SONG!" I exclaimed, collected my breath as I laid on the floor. Damon and Alex were sprawled on the couch, drunkenly drinking their beers. "Guys, I fucking love this song." I stood up on my feet, holding my hand to my heart. "Do you know what this songs means to me?"

"Does it make you wanna dance?" Alex slurred with a goofy smile.

"Yeah, show us what it means to you with your good, awesome dance moves." Damon smirked, completely drunk as he watched me with lazy eyes.

"Let me know that I've done wrong, when I've known this all along. I go around a time or two, just to waste my time with you!" I sang along as I twirled and jumped and rolled around on the floor, both of the boys laughing and holding their stomachs. I stood up on the coffee table, slipped out of my socks, and flung them across the living room as I slurred the chorus. "I'LL KEEP YOU MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!"