Something There?

Holtzmann had decided to stay up late to work on some inventions. Every now and then though, when she looked for a certain tool, it would never be where she left it.
After a while this stopped. Something else began. Holtzmann would see something move or a transparent arm and hand with it. She just passed it off as being tired or her vision playing tricks on her.
The last straw for her was when she heard a soft voice singing.
My heart is like a stallion, they love it more when it's broken.
When the woman looked up, she saw what seemed to be a young girl standing and looking out the window adjacent from her.
I don't know where your going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul? I don't know where I'm going but I don't think I'm coming home. And I say, I'll take heed tomorrow when I don't wake up dead.
Holtzmann was amazed by the girl's voice and lost herself in the music.
Then, the song changed.

I remember your bare feet down the hallway, I remember your little laugh. Race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs.
The voice was now full of pain.
Then, all of a sudden, everything just stopped.
Holtzmann blinked and the girl was facing her, eyes staring at her owlishly and jaw gaping.
The girl quickly composed herself.
"Hello." She said with a small smile and a little wave.
"Uhmmm........" was the intelligent response.
The girl raised an eyebrow. That's when Holtzmann realized she was hovering above the floor and had a slight eerie glow about her.
Although unlike other ghosts, her glow was light and warm and she didn't seem very threatening.
She wore a knee length dress in what seemed to be turquoise silk. Her hair looked soft but was arranged in long crazy curls over her shoulders and down her back, also a shade of turquoise.
Her skin was pasty white and scarred. Her lips were full and red. And her eyes, oh her eyes, were a gray blue that looked silver and they glowed with an almost erethral light.
Finally, a few minutes later, Holtzmann processed that the girl was a ghost and her eyes filled with horror, the memory of everything still fresh in her mind.
As her vision spotted, the last thing she heard was a soft voice saying "It's alright, I'm not gonna hurt you."
And then she passed out.