the only chapter

The thick color of a rainy day in Seoul.

I still can't fall asleep as I fade away.

The rain stops and the reflection in the puddle.

I see myself looking more miserable today.

There was nothing you loved more than the pitter patter of rain outside your window. Especially the petrichor in the morning as the dew slowly faded.

Rain was your favorite thing in the whole world.

It slowly but surely helped you fit all the broken pieces of your life back together. Piece by piece you were beginning to heal. Everything was seeming to come back together.

Except for this one piece to the puzzle that was missing with no idea what it was, or where it could be found.

Past memories of anyone who has ever hurt you, ever doubted you, ever told you that you couldn't. They were simply washed away by the run down of the crying sky. Washing away the imprudent people along with your sorrowful tears. Nothing more seemed to matter. Any illicit thoughts disguised by the impurities of the rain.

Yet still, that missing piece refused to be found.

There was however such a person in the world that hated the rain in such a way it would make you sick if you knew.

While the rain was helping your memories slowly fade at the mere sight of it, it made Park Jimin want to claw at his ears everytime he heard the familar drops of water on pavement.

Each drop hitting the ground came with another painful memory making him want to shut the world away from him.

Memories of a desolating childhood brought Jimin's hands to his ears as he remembered the harsh sounds of bottles smashing in his childhood home. Drunken nights in which his parents couldn't help but pick a deadly fight with each other.

Jimin would run outside, away from the madness, as fast as his legs would carry him before he could be hit by yet another flying glass projectile. Leaving more scars for him to find in the future.

Sitting outside, he would rock back and forth once he'd escaped. No matter the weather, no matter if it was pouring rain, there he would be. Lack of an umbrella to keep him sheltered from the rain that came storming down on top of him, partially drowing out the blood curdling screams that came from the inside of his home sweet home.

Disregarding the fact that it was in the middle of the night, you take your daily leisure out in the rain. Grabbing your oversized jacket and blue umbrella, you walked lightly on your feet.

You took in your sights and smells, everything all too familiar as you had taken this walk everytime it rained in your town. You allowed yourself to become engulfed by the sound of rain and the smell of the earth, drowning out your surroundings.

Your feet came in contact with the sidewalk, splash sounds audible with each puddle that came your way hidden by the black night.

You stopped in your tracks the second the average sounding rain began to sound not so typical. A muffled sobbing erupting through the soft angelic precipitation.

Turning your head slightly in the direction of the sobbing, you easily spot a dark figure sitting propped up against a brick building you were just coming up to.

His hair wet, matted against his head along with his soaking wet clothes, surley weighing him down from the heavy rain and lack of an umbrella. Tears promient even in the midst of the down pour.