Prologue

1914.

The rising sun painted the sculpted landscape of Quell. It was truly the definition of beauty as the morning colours swirled and mixed with the colours of the town. The villagers lined the cobbled streets as the awaited the Nydian Prince's arrival. It was to be the biggest event of the year, blood spills and disagreements would be put behind the two kingdoms. Everything had been kept in the dark until now.

Crown Prince George of Nydia was a well respected man around the age of twenty two. His strong build was exposed nicely in his Nydian uniform. The navy blue suit contrasted against the greenness of his eyes and the stylish brown hair he held with pride. The Prince was rather tanned compared to the Quellish locals, he held the royal blood which set him apart so easily.

Grace watched the sunrise over the rejoicing town, unknowing her ever nearing fate. The girl had contrasting pale skin to the Nydian royal and icy blue eyes. Her hair fell in long mousy brown curls that cut off mid back. Her figure was strapped in to a three quarter length white ball gown with a sweetheart neckline and corset back. No additional detail was added to the light and floaty dress other than the full skirt and pinched in waist.

Grace walked away from the window and placed herself in the seat in front on her dressing table. She took one long last look at her face. She held high cheekbones and rosy lips, just like her mother. An attentive knock sounded at her bedroom door before her guard entered.

"Your mother requests your presence in the reception hall your highness." she rose from the chair and was escorted by the guard to the hall. Once inside she was met by her parents. Her father was a great King, tall and strong. His hair had greyed but he held the same crystal like eyes as Grace. Her mother, the Queen, had dull brown eyes with a darker brown hair. She was a proper Queen, but an inadequate mother.

The reception hall was exquisitely decorated with gold borders, pillars and other fancy stuff. It complemented the pristine white walls and marble floor flawlessly. The King and Queen stood in the centre of the room with the big marble staircase behind them, facing the doors. Grace hurried to stand beside her father, who stood on the right side, placing him in the middle.

Nobody dared breath a word. The tension was far to strong to stand much longer, but the sounding of the Nydian fanfare sounded. The entrance doors opened and in stepped The gorgeous Prince. "Welcome Prince George of Nydia." An introducer spoke as he took a few steps in to the room, the doors closing behind him. His eyes glimmered with excitement as he took in the beautiful Quelsh princess. The first person he greeted was the King then the queen then their pretty little daughter.

"It's a pleasure to finally make acquaintance with you, your highness." His charm rang from his voice as he addressed Grace's father. "The pleasure is all mine. Shall we proceed with the conversation in my study, we have a lot to discuss." The great kings voice rang through the hall. Both the Queen and the Prince agreed and all began walking off to the more private place.

Grace followed suit and dropped her welcoming smile to a more awkward bored expression. she wasn't use to all the business, but the attitude towards women greatly annoyed the strong headed child.

"So Grace will be 18 next week and then our plans can then proceed and we can step down from the thrown." The Queens smile spread across her face like a Cheshire Cat. It was not to often when Grace saw this look on her mothers face, it alarmed her greatly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand mother." Graced timid little voice spoke from behind the three who were engaged in conversation. "Oh Grace, my child." Her mothers voice was patronising and sickly sweet. "We've arranged for you to marry Prince George of Nydia." The information replayed in Grace's mind. "Why?" The words came out rather potent and rude from her mouth.

The cold look she earned from the Queen showed her input was unimportant and unneeded. "You shall marry Prince George because the kingdoms shall unite and stop the rivalry that has burdened us for to long." Her calculated stare gave Grace internal shivers that only a mother could give to her small child, but grace wasn't small and her mother wasn't a proper mother. Many of the dozen maids grace had care for her were more motherly figures than this business driven monster. "As you wish mother." Graces voice, as submissive as it was, still gave a hint of defiance in it.

The walls of Graces empty chamber felt more suffocating than ever before. She lay back on her bed of cream and gold sheets. The room was much like the grand entrance hall as were most of the rooms. She admired the floaty material of her dress.

Outside her window the sun had set, nobody dared to bother Grace after the stern look her mother sent everybody as she walked her back to her room along with Prince George. A loud bang radiated through the castle, springing Grace out of her bed. she slid the white ballet flats and ran out of her room and down the never ending corridors.

By the time she reached where she thought the noise had some from there was nothing to be found except a tallish woman. she must of stud at 5,11 as apposed to Grace fragile 5,4. "Why are you doing this to me? He will never be yours, do you understand? he's MINE!" The harsh girly voice sprung from the body and cut the stale air. "I don't understand." grace breathed in a panic, talking a small but rushed step forward.

The figure flashed past her in a fluid yet unhuman like movement. A sharp pain radiated through graces right wrist. it was almost like a cutting sensation vertically across, she raised the wrist to her face seeing the blood trickle out before turning blue and vanishing. Almost like magic. Before she could turn to the figure, her world went dark and disappeared.

--------------------
Authors note;
Hi guys, so this is a new story! Hopefully one I'll finish this time, I lost all my passion for others I started writing so I'm sorry if you like any of them and hoped they'd get finished. Maybe one day they will but not right now.

I really like my idea for this new story and I've got plans for most of the chapters so I can actually see this one getting finished! I have also planned a sequel, but I'd depends on if I have time as I'm in sixth form and have major exams coming up very soon!

For those of you that do not know, sixth form is the British word for yr 12 and 13. Where I live in England we have a three school system like the USA, but it's really rare in the uk to have that. Anyway I hope you enjoy my story, please take in to consideration that my spelling will be the British version not american so shhhhh! And also I'd like to thank my mum for pushing me to write, only if it was something little and just to release stress!

Anyway enjoy! Lauren xx