Third Year's A Charm

Alec's P.O.V

I adjust the cufflinks on my damned suit and look at myself in the mirror. Still looking like a stud. After I'm fully dressed in my tux I gel my hair back and brush my teeth again. These pearls don't stay white and minty by themselves.

I drive to our house from Joe's with excitement pumping through me.

Yes, Joe lives in our neighborhood. He married Natasha a couple years ago. After five years of my own marriage, the two broke up. But not to my surprise and much to my liking they rekindled the flame they had. They got married last year and Natasha is pregnant.

We've been trying to get pregnant ourselves, me and Riley. It's a long story, but we've got time.

It was only three years ago at the age of 24...

I woke up with her in my arms. I was holding her close and she had her head and a hand on my chest. She was and still is the most adorable sleeper ever. And just observing her, in her lull state, put a big smile on my face. I felt like a fricken' loony stalker gazing at her with the lovesick puppy eyes I was wearing. But it's because I love her. This amazing woman I'd been married to for two years was and is the most beautifully stunning woman I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on.

She stirred a little, so I hugged her a tighter. She has just snuggled deeper into my chest and continued her slumber. Her eyes fluttered open maybe 15 minutes later. As soon as she processed everything and remembered where she was and who she was with, a smile of her own crept onto her face.

"Good morning beautiful," I greeted her.

"Morning gorgeous," she stretched up to give me sweet kiss. Her smile turned giddy and no doubt she's thinking of last night.

Like always, I had showed up at her door, as if we didn't already live together, with a bouquet of flowers. Yea I know what you guys are thinking, 'this is not the sap I remember Alec Fucking Ryder being,' well I guess things changed a little bit. I've got a soft spot for my queen, and she knows it.

Besides the flowers I bring her breakfast and we spend the morning in, fooling around with each other, maybe watching Netflix, snuggling on the couch together, and of course, we listen to My Chemical Romance, Metallica, and Radiohead. Then I take her to some activity after lunch. That year, we went to race tracks, a reminiscent of our first date. More fun and fooling around of course. After that I take her out to eat somewhere different every year. That night to Ratatouille, a French Restaurant at the CIA.

I know what you're all thinking now too, but CIA stands for Culinary Institute of America, and it's fricken' fancy dining. I spent a small fortune on that restaurant and they didn't even have any rats working the kitchen, you can imagine my disappointment.

At night I had brought her to our clearing to celebrate five years of marriage. Then as usual I bring her home, and she'll slip into something that should be illegal to wear even in private. I'm not joking, she looks so sexy in lingerie it's sinful and that night her lacey black get-up rendered me speechless. I'm sure you can speculate what followed between us both.

There's one reason why that night was the best of all.

Because besides all the usual passion and the perfection that is Riley Greene and Riley Greene in bed, the intimacy level was higher insane than ever. Because we're trying to pregnant. Preg-nant.