Chapter 1 : A meeting with a pan

" Run Elizabeth run.. hurry! " my feet were glued to the ground , I couldn't breath the terrifying scene in front of me took all my abilities to think or move , suddenly , several gun shots shattered the creepy silence and I find my self calling for max ...

" Honey wake up I'm hearing voices downstairs " Mom's voice woke me up and i realised i was just drowning in the world of dreams again , the same creepy ones that haunts me every night , the unknown faces , the unbearable atmosphere , the sounds of bullets were some kind of a hidden secret captured by my lost memory .

Actually a part of my memory was lost due to an accident I had when I was 8-year-old as that's what everyone explained to me since I can only remember me being in the hospital I was told I was in a coma for a month and everything before that was erased I can't even remember my father's face clearly only some scenes pop up in my head from time to another , scenes were I was being happy eating ice cream with him in the park , watching cartoons together , creating our own imaginary world where he's the princess kidnapped by a dragon and I'm his life savior .. Unfortunately I couldn't save his life in the real world . But the question that has always found its way to my deep curiosity and remained there was ..

Who the hell is max ?

I was calling for him in my every strange dream what if it is related to dad's death?..

" Eli did you hear mom we need to go check downstairs "..

" What! Again? Did you check on the twins? " I whispered jumping out of my bed struggling to find my slippers .

" No I came to you as soon as I heard the noise I'll go check them now " she replied in a worried tone offering me a baseball paddle with her shaking hands " Be carefull sweety I'll be right back "

" Don't worry mom " I said refusing the paddle " take that with you, you will need it I will use my fists " She let out a small giggle walking off carefully to my siblings room I think she murmured something about giving birth to a strong boy! come on mom a girl can be strong too. am I right girls ?

I gathered my thoughts , took a pan I keep in my room in a hand and put my glasses on with the other hand . What? don't worry i don't fry eggs in my room , I'm used to this kind of emergency so i keep myself prepared.

Opening the door silently and taking the stairs step by step till I reached the living room, darkness was filling the place unabling me to figure out the source of the unknown noise , i stepped straight to the kitchen. Chills run down my spine when I noticed the backdoor that relates the kitchen with the outside world was opened wide .

At the moment I knew someone must be in our house , feels of fear started to develop in me, many thoughts kept travelling in my mind ..maybe It's a thief and he's armed ? What if he's a serial killer or could it be a rapist knowing I only live with my mom and we are out of men here ! well I can be counted as one but I am still a female. My heart skipped a beat , I cant feel my legs moving and drops of sweat were racing in my forehead .However its not time for fear now i should pull my self together and protect my family i'm the only one able to save them now , mom and the twins are depending on me , dad too.

I tried to fill my head with happy thoughts, that's what they do in movies right ? thoughts like rainbows and food, mine was more like..well ... Elizabeth Hunter if you catch this sick-head jerk you will be able to sleep in peace again without getting annoyed every night holding a pan and scanning the whole house at 3 am ..

I moved around tip toeing and blocking oxygen from passing my lungs to prevent noise and be invisible to the creature who's waiting for my torture, he doesn't know how much pain a pan can cause especially if an angry witch who couldn't blink an eye for a whole month like me is holding it !

All of a sudden , i'm grabbed by a hand ..
" You are making too much noise , can't I sleep in peace a single night? "
The words hit me like a train , I need to move fast! what kind of thief is this?
In an instant I took the pan that dropped on the floor when the hand reached me and hit it strongly on the body holding my waist ..
"Wow you're really a something for a girl" he smirked taking away the pan and glueing me to the wall, by the moment I knew it didn't hit his head since he can still talk . " Who the hell are you? I swear if you touch a single hair of my family I will put you in jail for the rest of your life" I screamed in a threatening tone.

I was trying to keep him busy with words so I can attack at the right moment but right now his body is all blocking me and his arms are pinning me to the wall , I can't see his face clearly although I noticed his sparkling blue eyes.
But I can feel his breath on my cheeks.
Who is he? and what does he want from us?

" You're fun " he giggled " Your face is red when you're facing a thief, is this how you protect your family?" okay I've had enough listening to this jerk, I've mastered kick boxing since I was little it's time to make his face red ..or rather blue .

I grabbed his arm , twisted it then punched him in the belly until he couldn't take it anymore and finally dropped him on the ground, perfectly , it was my last reward .

" Elizabeth stop! "

Mom turned on the lights and run worried towards me ...well thats what I was thinking until she grabbed the thief's hand and asked him if he's fine and how sorry she's for letting me hit him. What?

" Mom ! Are you kidding me ? He's a thief he deserved that! Lets call the police " I said glaring at the laid guy on the ground and my pitiful mom
" He's not a thief Eli he's my friend's son"

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

How can someone with a human's brain break into a house rather than knocking on the door, stupid enough.

"Now go call for an ambulance hurry."

" It's okay ma'am don't worry i'm totally fine " the laid corpse spoke ..
Well i thought he was dead ..

Mom sighs in relief grabbing a cup and filing it with the shinning water to give it to him .

I moved a bit trying to identify his beaten up face ..my eyes widen in shock when I realize to whom the blue eyes belonged.

" EDWARD! " I shouted in shock.

" Elizabeth Hunter huh ! " he mutters throwing an unreadable glare.

OH GOD it can't be him!

A big THANKS for anyone who is already this far , I really hope you like it I know I'm not that good but I'm trying my best .
I will update every 3 days and you can leave comments predicting the next chapter it'll be fun reading multiple imaginations ♡ .

Thank you !