True feelings

It was 16 years ago when James and Maggie met. They were both born on the same day. Their parents have been friends since high school, and they live next door to each other. Growing up with a best friend like that is great. Maggie and James were together all the time since the day they were born and are the best of friends. From playing at the park when they were 4, to making sandcastles at the beach, to watching TV together, to going to the movies together, going to parties, and everything else. It's now 16 years later-September 15, 2013- and the two are one day away to turning 16. They are both juniors in high school now and aren't as close as they used to be. When you're with someone like they were for that long you can develop feelings for that person you're with; which was the case. Maggie fell for James. It was expected I mean they were best friends for their entire lives and he grew on her. Maggie has met and been with a lot of guys since the beginning of middle school(the same can be said about James too),but they always end up being the same. Assholes who don't treat her right, cheat, or just don't make her happy. She dealt with a broken heart many times an there was always one person who was there for her-james. He always had her back no matter what, he always helped cheer her up and make her feel better, he always made her laugh and smile when she was sad, and always was on her side no matter what was going on. This is exactly what Maggie was looking for in a guy, and it just so happens that James has it All. To Maggie James is perfect; as a person and for her, but he doesn't know she feels that way. Today is a Friday which means a Saturday birthday. Maggie is having a huge sweet 16 and has about 100 people coming-including James. She's been planning it since last year so it's going to be perfect...or so she thinks. There's still an hour before school and Maggie and James are talking on the phone. "Ahhh I can't wait until tomorrow! This party is going to be perfect. It's gonna be the best day ever." Maggie said
"yea I hope so! I know how hard you and your parents have been working to plan and you deserve it ya know." "Thanks James that means a lot. Ya know you should do something for your birthday too!"
"Nah parties aren't really my style, and anyway your party should be enough for the both of us anyway."
They both laughed.
"Sooo.....you still don't have any special guy to light your 16th right?"
This was it. The moment Maggie has been hoping for. On the inside she is hoping he asks to be that guy. To be her special guy to light her 16th candle and make her happy.
" nope nobody..why?"
There was a brief silence.
"Well you know my friend Tyler right? We'll he's had a crush on you for a while and wanted to ask you out so i was asking for him..could he do it?"
Maggie broke a little on the inside.
"Oh Tyler.....well I mean what about you? You are my best friend nd you do mean a lot to me so why not."
"Really? Me? Well alright yea that sounds fun. Don't worry as your best friend I gotchu."
"Yea...as my best friend.....listen we should get going the bus is gonna come soon okay?"
"Oh shit you're right yea don't wanna miss the bus again, alright I'll see you outside."
Maggie and James hung up and finished getting ready for school. They met outside their houses an walked to the bus stop together. It was basically a normal day. They don't have any classes together but they see eachother in the hall way every once in a while. It was a normal day...until third period. Maggie is a very nice and outgoing person and is friends with basically everyone. She gets along with everyone nd doesn't have any problems..except with Cindy Walsh. Oh Cindy. Ever since the third grade Cindy and Maggie have been enemies. They fought a couple times and always avoid eachother when they can. James on the other hand is pretty close friends with her which yes bothers Maggie, but it's not that big of a deal. They don't hang out around eachother so fights never happen. Today though Cindy made her move. It turns out she liked James for a couple years now, but never said anything. It happened in English class. She made her move on James who as a guy couldn't resist. They are now a couple, and because of her enemy status, did not know about Maggie's party tomorrow night. She made plans with James to go to the movies the next night and without thinking he said yes. Now James and Maggie are best friends but Cindy is one of the hottest girls in school so it's not easy for anyone to say no to her. Maggie and James didn't talk for the rest of the day because she had a lot of things to do for her party the next day. James and Cindy were up talking on the phone All night...he's starting to actually really like her. Maggie still doesn't know about them. Then came Saturday. It's about 2 hours until Maggie's party and she decided to call James to help her calm down. James was also getting ready.....for his date.
"Hey! OMG I'm so nervous I hope everything goes as planned."
"You hope what goes as planned?"
After all the date night excitement James actually forgot about Maggie's party.
"Um my party silly it starts in like 2 hours duh"
Then it hit James, as soon as she said those words.
"Oh my god your party is tonight"
"Well yea....why'd you say it like that...."
"Um well I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it"
Hearing that made Maggie's heart sink. Her stomach suddenly dropped and hurt with excruciating pain.
" what do you mean you can't make it? It's my sweet 16. The one I've been planning for a year. The one where you're supposed to be lighting my 16th candle. The one I want to spend with my best friend. What do you mean you can't make it!?"
James explained to her about his date and how much he wants to go and she just hung up.that's it James wasn't coming. Her best friend wasn't coming to the most important thing in her life. he's just like the rest she thought. He cares more about a date with some stuck up bitch more than his best friends party. She cares so much about him, and this really hurt. But it's too late to feel bad, because her party is going to start. The party is going great so far. Great food, great music, everyone is having a blast. Now it's time for the candles. One by one Maggie calls people up to light them...the next one is 16. She told Tyler he can light it for her and he was so excited. It's time.
"And now for my 16th candle a very special guy in my life, Ty-"
"Stop!!"
Everyone turns and looks at the doorway to see James standing there all dressed up. He walked towards Maggie.
"I'm sorry I'm a little late. But can I still light that candle"
Maggie didn't know what to say. She wasn't expecting anything like this to happen.
"What about your date with-"
"No. That date meant nothing to me. Once I got there and saw her I realized what I was doing. I couldn't be at the movies with her while you were here at your party. This is where I want to be. I want to be here with you on the best night of your life. I want to be the special guy in your life and light your candle. Going out with Cindy made me come to my senses. I want to be with you Maggie, and not just as your friend."
Maggie couldn't believe what she was hearing. It felt amazing. James actually just said that to her....and everyone is still staring at them. There was a moment of silence after that. Maggie didn't know what to say but she was smiling...a really big smile. James leaned in and kissed her. When he pulled back he took her hand and helped her light her candle. Everyone in the room was clapping and cheering including their parents. This was the best night of Maggie's life. It was perfect, all thanks to James. He really is different from the rest of the guys out there, and now Maggie has him.
They have been together for over a year now and things are great, no, more than great-perfect. It's everything Maggie has ever wanted, and all she ever will want. It looks like these two will last. They have been together since the beginning of their lives and hopefully will stay together until the end.