chapter 1

chapter 1: guts - all time low
___________________________

When I was younger, I had always wanted to be alone.

Always.

Never coming out of my bedroom, afraid of my father. I barely ever ate. I only did when my brother would bring me something. I liked being alone.

Now that I've been alone for quite some time, with no one checking on me to see if I'm alive, I got tired of it. I'm tired of being alone. I'm going crazy.

Mad even.
___________________________

I walked along the aisle with a pack of stale MnM's in my hand. I grabbed a new shirt as this one was unbelievably covered in blood and gore. I threw on the plain black shirt and disposed my white one.

As I was packing some crackers into my bag, a gun cocked from behind me.

"Turn around." They demanded. Their Georgia accent fading. I slowly turned my back and was met with a man. Curly brown hair, blue eyes. He was with a women and a kid. The women had redish brown hair, the boy brown straight hair, along with blue eyes. Maybe 15.

"Who are you?"

"I would love to tell you, but you got a damn gun pointed at my head."

"Sorry." He put his gun down.

"Maia. Maia Dixon. Not that last names matter anymore anyway." I shrugged. All 3 looked at me, shocking looks on their faces.

"What?" I snapped.

"Nothing. We have a group. I have to ask you some questions, if you wanna join."

"Sure, why not?" I knew whatever questions they were, they would he utter and complete bullshit.

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"Do you expect me to have a number?" I retorted.

"No. How many people?"

"1."

"Why?"

"Because he was a sick man. Sick and twisted." I shuttered at the memory.

"I'm Rick. Rick Grimes. This is my son Carl and our friend Maggie Green."

"Hi." Maggie smiled brightly. The boy just stood there with baby formula in his hand, not saying a word.

"Let's go shall we?" Rick says. All of us follow him out to the car and hop in. I sat there with my head against the window. Just thinking.

Being alone gives you too much to think.

To think about the past. The past that everyone wants to forget. The part where your brother leaves you.

"Come on Maia!" My older brother yelled. All 3 of us ran. Ran like our lives depended on it. We rushed to truck and I was in the back. Normally I would mind, but in this situation I don't.

"Where are we gonna go M?" I asked as the eldest brother drove.

"I dunno baby sis. I dunno."

A few hours later all of us were separated. Well, just me and the twp of them. We stopped for gas when a herd of those things came and attacked us. I was 11 when he promised that he'd be back for me. I was 11 when M and D promised they'd find me.
___________________________

"Welcome to your new home Maia." Maggie smiled at me from the passenger seat. A women with short hair opened the gate and I saw a prison. A prison that I had visited M so
many times before with Dara.

"Can I have your weapons?" Rick asked as he walked up to me.

"Yeah, but why?"

"I gotta know if I can trust you. I don't care if they do, I do. I want to know if you'll be a threat to my people."

"Understandable." I nodded and gave him my gun, knife and pocket knife that was in my boot.

"Starting tomorrow, you have 3 days to prove..." He stopped and looked outside the gates. His face became soft an he started running towards the outside.

"Um... okay?" I questioned.

"Sorry about him. He just lost his wife a few days ago." A man with white hair and crutches said as he came up to me.

"For now, I'll be taking over. Come with me and I'll show you to your cell. I'm Hershel."

"Maia. Maia Dixon." He looked shocked. Just like Rick and the rest of them. As we enterwd the prison, I saw him.

"Maia." He dropped his crossbow and it made a huge noise.

"Daryl." I stammered, being shocked myself. Now I knew why.
___________________________

a:n
first chapter is up!! yay!!!

so, as you can see Daryl and Maia are related. Obviously.

I don't know when i can update again this week, i'm going to try tho.

I recently moved to Ohio and i needed to get my braces off in Arizona, so i'm down here for a week and i'm visiting old friends and such as well.

i'll try again to update again!!!

if not it'll be on saturday!!!