Lies

I do not own the song. Obviously.

You're never gonna love me, so what's the use?
What's the point in playing a game you're gonna lose?
What's the point in saying you love me like a friend?
What's the point in saying it's never gonna end?

Marina Diamandis sat in the corner of the dingy hotel room. The air pungent with the scent of cheap liquor and sweat. The club room seems to keep expanding as time passes. She has never felt so small. She watches the bodies grind against each other in a way that looks as if they are convulsing. She feels the air catch in her lungs as her eyes search the room for her lover. Cigarette ends seem to light up the seemingly confining space. As the tears swell in her eyes, she can pretend the lights are the same as the fireflies she watched from her window with awe as a child. She feels a hand fall heavily onto her shoulder, and the left side of her body tenses.

"Marina? Darling...What's wrong?" She hears the soft voice of her girlfriend caress her ears.

You're too proud to say that you've made a mistake
You're a coward 'til the end
I don't wanna admit that we're not gonna fit
No, I'm not the type that you like
Why don't we just pretend?

"You know I don't like it here, Marina Joyce. This environment isn't comfortable for me." Diamandis feels anger bloom in her core. She looks up at Marina's face. The blue lines are always present. It's funny how the person who mistreats her wears the symbol of being abused. Marina wants to leave, but she loves her far too much Or....maybe she is in love with who she thought she was. The woman before her was not the same one that she fell in love with.

"Honestly I don't give a fuck what's comfortable for you." Joyce's face turns into a snarl. Marina feels her fury reach it's holding capacity. She spits in Marina's face. Marina gasps and throws her body backwards onto the floor. Marina's face is down on the floor as Marina forces out the next words.

"WHAT EVEN IS THIS RELATIONSHIP TO YOU?!" Diamandis screams. Tears stream down her face to meet her jawline. They run down her neck, and out to the very edges of her being. Her heart should feel as if it's being torn in half. That it is being shattered. Right now, she doesn't feel it beating.

"It was a publicity stunt."

Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know, oh
I can't let you go, can't let you go, oh
I just want it to be perfect
To believe it's all been worth the fight
Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know oh