Prologue

• Dedicated to Sapphire Lisa Cedas

-- For the record this story is somewhat real. It's my friend Sapphire's story but turned into a fantasy instead of  reality.--

I laid in bed wondering what was next? My life was questionable because of my absolute love and belief myths and mythical creatures such as vampires, werewolves, griffins. My dad is a killer; I've never met him. I see things other people can't. It's just odd. I mean, for example, I was at my friends house and there was a black ghost like figure stalking us! I mean it was really odd but we all learn right? That stuff isn't real or at least we don't think it is. Here's my story and you might wanna listen closely! I laid in bed almost asleep when someone entered and rudely awoke me.

I had no idea who it was, but unfortunately it was somebody with a knife. I became frightened, but before I screamed he knocked me out. I later woke up in a shack somewhere, but like I was going to know where. The man was pacing and realized I was awake, I had seen that face before, but where? It didn't matter because before I could say anything he stabbed me. There I laid bleeding on the floor knowing that this was the end. Out of nowhere my cousin walked in and transformed into something different. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes and whispered in my ear, “I'm sorry.” Then she came and tilted my head back and bit into my neck. The pain was excruciating, then everything went black. I woke up somewhere else. This is where my New Life begins.