Teaser

Hello, everyone! This is just a little bit of the first chapter of a story I have been working on. The whole first chapter won't be up till I feel I've written enough of the story to be able to update it regularly. Anyway, so I hope you enjoy this little beginning! Oh yeah, in case, for whatever reason, you didn't read the title, this is set in a high school AU for no other reason other than I can.

Okay, this an edit, but I have decided! If this story get 100 views or a month passed, whichever comes first, happens, I will post the rest of the first chapter! So spread the word! For now, all you have is what is below!
______________________________________________________________________

"Alright, class, settle down."

          Max relaxed in his chair, sighing. First period had officially begun. Another boring beginning to another boring day of boring fucking high school.

          "Okay, before we start today, we have a transfer student. He will be joining our class for the rest of the school year." Ms. Scettle furrowed her eyebrows, glaring at a few choice students as she spoke again. "I warn you to all be polite. This boy is a bit...different, for lack of a better word. Keep an open mind." She straightened, brushing off her emerald green blouse before smiling at the door. "Come on in, dear. You'll be fine."

          The door opened, and the red-head's jaw dropped at the sight, as well as the majority of the class.

          The boy who entered was about average height, had sparkling blue eyes behind a pair of glasses, and a mop of curly brown hair atop his head. He was wearing a light gray sweatshirt even though it was the hottest week of September {My school starts in the beginning of August. Dat what I'm basing this on.} and jeans.

          But that wasn't the interesting part.

          A huge, fluffy, gray tail, only a shade darker than his sweatshirt, twitched nervously behind the boy, curled up along his back in a position that reminded Max of a squirrel. And to top it all off, barely poking above the sea of brunette curls were two legit squirrel ears, same shade as the tail.

          The boy shifted on his feet, just standing in the doorway. His face was a bright red as he stared at the floor, clearly uncomfortable with the attention. He fiddled with a pencil that was hanging out of the end of his stack of books.

          Ms. Scettle cleared her throat, the noise echoing in the dead silent class room. "Go on, dear. Tell us your name."

          "Um..." The boy's face flushed even further. "M'name's Ross Washington...I...I transferred here to Seattle from New York City..."

          "Dude!" The class jock and stupidest kid alive, Jason Reinwood laughed and pointed at Ross. "You're a fucking squirrel!"

            Ross's tail visibly drooped and ears laid flat against his head as the class cracked up, except for Max. As Ms. Scettle tried to regain control, the red-head studied the boy. He was definitely cute, but he could worry about that later. Max was openly bisexual and usually harassed by the school homophobic asshats. He knew what it felt like to be on that end of the teasing and name calling. He was not going to stand by and watch it happened to this poor kid.

          Ross still hadn't moved from the doorway, staring at the ground and shifting his feet constantly. Since Max sat at the back of the class, he could see his face perfectly. The brunette looked to be on the verge of tears.

          "Enough!" Ms. Scettle's voice rang out in the classroom before the red-head worked up the courage to call Ross over. "Jason, a month's detention for bad language and bullying a student who hasn't been in the building an hour. Ross, dear, there is an open desk next to Max if you'd like to take a seat. Max, raise your hand."

          The red-head did as he was told, smiling warmly at Ross when the boy looked his way. After the brunette had settled in Max stuck out his hand. "Hey, name's Max LaPlume. Nice to meet you."

          Ross eyed him before tentatively grasping his hand in a small handshake. "H-hi...S-s-so, um..." He dropped Max's hand and squeezed his eyes shut. "J-just g-get it o-over with..."

          Max raised an eyebrow, thoroughly confused. "Uh, what?"

          Ross cracked an eye open. "Y-you're n-not gonna m-make f-fun of m-me?"

          The red-head grinned. "Of course not! I think it's really cool that you got ears and a tail! Certainly will make life more interesting! Also, I'm openly bisexual. I know what it's like to get bullied. No way would I willingly put another living soul through some of the shit I've gone through." He winked. "I'm a friend."

________________________________________________________________

Anyway, that is the beginning! Hope you enjoyed and be hype as hell for when the full chapter comes out! Buh-bye!