Mr. Lindens Library

I walked into Mr. Lindens Library, "morning Mr. Linden," I called to the graying man behind the checkout counter.

"Morning Oniey ," he answered.

I walked down my favorite isle, the new ones, where all the new books go, as I started towards the supernatural shelf a thick book caught my eye, "Secrets Of Secrets" the title read, "that seems interesting." I walked over to Mr. Linden.

He picked it up. "What we reading tonight?" he asked. Reading the title, "oh! I hear this book is good," he said.

"It looks like it," i said. Picking up the book. "see you later," i called over my shoulder.

When I got home, my friend came over. "what book did you get?" he asked. When he saw the book I was carrying his face went rigid, "you sure you wanna read that one, he said, its a little out of your league, isn't it? And anyway this may seem a little superstitious, but iv heard that the book is cursed or something this one girl read it and she died that night." He said

"yeah your right," i said

I am?" he asked

"yeah that is superstitious," i joke. "no one dies from reading a book, seriously." i said as he was leaving "see ya" i called as he jogged off.

I walked up to my room, and curled up on my bed getting comfortable to read.

I stared to read, it was really interesting, when i was to about the 3rd page when, suddenly, vines started curling out of the binding. I tried to drop the book but vines shot up and wrapped around my arm, so couldn't. Slowly they started inching up towards my throat. I wanted to scream but I was so scared that my throat closed up, and they just kept creeping upward. They wrapped around my neck so I couldn't breath, and I started to panic.

Just when I felt my lugs give out, i heard my dads voice. "get up, Oniey," he said. I shot upright in my bed, covered in sweat.

It was just a dream, only a dream.