No More Tears

A/N: so I've had a wattpad account for a while and I write on tumblr sooo I decided to post my stories on here too :D My tumblr is @zniamkisses if you want to follow me on it even though I'm terrible at updating or just posting in general.

WARNING- ageplay (if you didn't get that from the title) & spanking.

Baby!Louis, Toddler!Niall, Oldest!Zayn

Niall thought he had the best daddies in the world. No, he was sure he did. His Daddy Liam was always around whenever he needed cuddles or wanted just one more cookie and three bedtime stories instead of one. His Papa Harry knew just where to tickle him and have him in fits of giggles in seconds and could push him higher on the swings than he ever thought possible.
Niall loved Louis and Zayn too. It was just that sometimes Louis cried too much, and it gave him a headache. And Zayn sometimes would tell Niall that he was too "little" to play with him. And Niall swore Louis really couldn't do anything because whenever Niall tried to color or read with him, he'd just stick everything in his mouth and get Niall's crayons and books yucky. And no matter how many times Niall and his daddies told Zayn he really was trying, Zayn still made fun of him for sometimes not being able to make it to the potty.
Liam really knew he couldn't refuse Niall anything. Any time he saw tears fill those big, beautiful, blue eyes, he was there in an instant to offer any comfort or food or anything really that he thought might make Niall smile again. So yeah, maybe Liam spoiled Niall a little too much, but really he just didn't want Niall to ever become the neglected middle child. And Liam and Niall had this bond that every one of them knew about, even way before they started being a family.
Because Niall trusts Liam and Harry with his life, but he trusts Liam to be the one there for him to offer reassurance in absolutely everything, because Niall needs that, and Harry's never been the best with sappy things.
And no one expected anything to even come close to threatening the bond. Liam swore it would never happen, Harry shrugged at the mere thought of it, and even Zayn and Louis wouldn't question the bond for a second. So no one was prepared for that day.

To be fair, Liam knew he was lucky. Louis was always the first one awake at the crack of dawn, and everyday Liam would groan and roll over, and everyday Harry would chuckle to himself and get up to take care of it. Liam would get Zayn up about 30 minutes later as Harry went down to make breakfast. After Zayn was dressed for the day, Liam would send him downstairs and continue to Niall's room to get him out of bed and get him ready as well. And yeah, maybe if Niall asked nicely, they would cuddle in his bed for a couple minutes because Niall never wanted to have to get up and if Liam would allow him cuddles and kisses so early in the morning, who was he to possibly turn it down?
Today however, was just a little different. Liam had a monster headache. As a parent, he was able to work through just about anything with some Tylenol and a little coffee, but today proved to be more difficult. He managed to get Zayn dressed and ready with a smile on his face the entire time, and he thought his headache was going away just a little until he heard Zayn fall down the last couple stairs and start screaming. Liam groaned and stood up, jogging to the bottom of the stairs where he found Zayn sobbing hysterically and cradling his left knee. He heard Harry drop whatever he was doing in the kitchen to come running in as well. Liam crouched down and looked into Zayn's eyes to see the big, fat crocodile tears spilling out.
"Aw, love, you're ok," Harry said, squatting down as well, "You've got to be more careful on these stairs, you're going to really hurt yourself one day."
Liam murmured his agreements and reassurances, and after kissing Zayn's knee and ruffling his hair, he dragged himself back up the stairs into Niall's room as Harry settled Zayn on his hip and walked back into the kitchen. By now, Liam's head was really pounding as he thought of every possible way to get through the day without snapping. When he walked into Niall's room, he found him already sitting in his bed, rubbing his eyes tiredly.
"Morning Niall," Liam said with half his usual cheer.
"Morning Daddy. Cuddle please?" Niall asked cutely.
"No babe, not today, sorry," Liam said irritably, rubbing his temples.
Niall pouted, "But why not?"
"Because I said no. Breakfast is almost done and Papa spent a long time on it, so we're getting ready quickly today."
"But Daddyyyyy," Niall whined, making Liam insane.
"Niall. What did I say?"
"No, but I really wanted to-"
"Do we get everything we want? No. And do we whine? No. Stop before you land yourself in timeout 10 minutes into the day," Liam snapped. He felt a little bad denying Niall of something as simple as cuddles, and even worse at his lip wobbling and tear-filled eyes but he forced himself to turn back to the closet and get out clothes.
By the time Liam returned to Niall's bed, he had a few tears freely streaming down his face. He was just so upset that he had made Liam angry so early in the day and even more upset that he was denied his usual morning cuddle. Liam not-so-gently began getting Niall undressed, but stopped at his pants.
"Niall, do you need a change?" He asked gently, but still with a hard edge. He already knew the answer but they were in the process of making sure Niall told them.
"No," Niall whispered. Liam was shocked. Niall had never lied to him directly, and to make his first lie over something as simple as a pull-up was so unlike him that Liam could only stare in disbelief.
"I'm looking right at your pull-up Niall, obviously you need changed. Now do you need a timeout for lying to me?" Niall shook his head, getting increasingly upset. He was just embarrassed that he had once again wet his pull-up in the middle of the night, even though he tried so hard to be a bog boy. Liam sighed and pulled Niall along with him to the bathroom. He quickly changed and wiped Niall, making sure to also powder the areas he was getting slight diaper rash in.
"I'm sorry, Daddy," Niall whimpered as Liam slid on his socks right before they were ready to head downstairs.
Liam just kissed Niall's forehead with a quick, "it's fine," before taking his hand and leading him downstairs. Niall couldn't help but to continue to feel uneasy.
His uneasiness and anxiety just made him sick to his stomach, and by the time he got to the kitchen, he wasn't in the mood to eat anything. Not even his Papa's french toast and it was his favorite. He dejectedly made his way to the table and sat in his usual seat between Zayn and Harry. He looked down at his lap and played with his fingers and barely noticed when his Papa Harry kissed the top of his head with a quick, "morning Nialler." Harry frowned when Niall didn't respond or even look up, but noticed the sour look on Liam's face and decided to pass it off as a rough morning.
Harry set a plate of food in front of Niall and told him he could eat. He began to become really concerned when Niall looked up just long enough to push the plate a couple inches away from him. As Harry grew worried, Liam just got more annoyed. "Eat Niall," he said sharply. Once again, Niall's eyes flooded with tears. Harry decided to take a softer approach.
"Niall, babe, are you not hungry?" Harry asked him gently, even though he'd never known Niall to just not be hungry.
"No," he answered. Harry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"Eat a little bit of it for me. It's french toast, you like it," Harry tried to reason.
"No, Papa, I'm not hungry," Niall insisted.
"Niall James," Liam butted it. "We've already talked about whining this morning, haven't we? Fix your attitude before I help you fix it."
And with that, Niall cracked. Harry sighed as he recognized the imminent tantrum a split second too late. Liam rubbed his temples even more aggressively than before. The other two boys snuck out of the kitchen and into the playroom before they had to witness the entire thing. And Niall just screamed.
"NO NO NO NO NO. I SAID I'M NOT HUNGRY I DON'T WANT IT."
"Niall, love, you need to calm down. You don't have to eat all of it, just some, yeah? Be a big boy for Papa and eat some breakfast." Harry spoke quietly, trying to do anything to get Niall to quiet down before the other two, mainly Louis, were upset by the commotion. Harry's head spun as he tried to take it all in. He was arguing with Niall, Niall Horan, about not eating his food. He knew he was missing something.
Harry's attempts were useless as Niall was now full of wailing. "NOOO I AM A BIG BOY I NOT HUNGRY I DON'T WANT THE STUPID FOOD," he wailed out with a harsh push of his plate. The full plate of food slid across the table and landed on the floor across the kitchen with a crash.
And like a switch being flipped off, Niall immediately went silent with fear, knowing his daddies were going to be upset. It was too late, though, as Liam was already out of his seat and making his way around the table.
"I've given you warnings all day, Niall, I'm sick of this behavior," he lectured as he yanked Niall out of his chair and carried him in towards the naughty chair in the living room.
"Noooo, Daddy, please I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," Niall cried, kicking the whole way.
"Hush," Liam said with finality. "You will stay here until you Papa or I come to get you."
Liam walked away and back up to his room to get four more Tylenol. He decided he was going to take a nap with Niall after his timeout because maybe he needed some cuddles this morning after all.
Niall just continued to sob. He was devastated that he had been the one to get Liam is such a bad mood. Usually it was his Papa that punished him because Liam just didn't have the heart to punish him, or any of the kids really. He didn't even realize when he began kicking the wall and flailing his arms in a tantrum again 5 minutes later. He threw himself on the floor to get away from the chair, because if there was anything he hated, it was that timeout chair.
Liam heard the thumping noises and rushed down the stairs in just enough time to see one of Niall's legs kick out at the table beside the couch and knock down the lamp sitting on it. He heard it shatter on the floor and was quick to go to Niall and pull him up from the floor. He did a quick glance over him to make sure he wasn't hurt, and then sat and pulled Niall up over his knee.
Niall screamed louder and louder and Liam's head pounded harder and harder as he sent 15 smacks to his pull-up covered bum. It couldn't have hurt all that bad, Liam knew, but it gave the desired effect because spankings were only for when you were really bad. This just upset Niall further and he continued to kick and scream through the entire punishment. When Liam stood him back up, Niall was red-faced and having trouble evening out his breathing.
"Now go to your room, please," Liam said, now more calmly.
"But-" Niall tried. He always got cuddles after any kind of punishment.
"No. Straight there. I'll come to get you later, understood?" Liam just really wanted Niall to take a nap to try to get him out of this bad mood.
So Niall, not wanting to anger his Daddy further nodded through his tears and stumbled up the stairs to his room. Liam leaned his elbows on his knees and scrubbed at his face just wanting the day to be over. He went into the playroom to check on Zayn and Louis and decided to stay for a couple minutes and help them build their tower.
Meanwhile, Niall was laying on his bed with his face buried in his favorite teddy, Blue, trying to sob as quietly as he could. He couldn't stop thinking about how angry his Daddy must have been with him to have not cuddled with him all day, not even after his spanking. His bum hurt, his face was soaked with snot and tears, his throat was sore, it was hard to breathe, he was starting to get hungry, and he'd also managed to wet his pull-up. And now his Daddy and Papa and maybe even Zayn and Louis hated him. He continued crying for what felt like ages, when Harry walked by his door and heard the crying. He'd gone upstairs to collect the laundry and got curious when he saw that Niall's door was shut.
He opened the door and almost fell over at the sight. Niall was curled up in his bed, shaking like a leaf, and clutching Blue so tight it looked like the bear's head may pop off.
"Oh, baby," Harry said quietly, dropping the clothes hamper and walking over to the boy's bed.
Niall looked up when he heard him. "Papa," he said between sobs and reached his arms out to him to be held. Harry immediately picked him up and started pacing the room with him in his arms.
"Shhhh, lovely, you're going to make yourself sick with all this crying." He said gently, carding his fingers through Niall's hair and rubbing his back.
"I'm sorry Papa," Niall said brokenly.
"What are you sorry for, hmm?" Harry asked him, walking to the rocking chair in the corner of the room and sitting down.
"Everything," Niall wailed loudly.
"Shhh shhh shhh. What happened? I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong," Harry whispered into Niall's ear.
Niall took a deep breath before he began but just said, "Daddy hates me."
And Harry's heart shattered. Not just because the statement was so utterly far from the truth, but because the look on Niall's face was so pathetic and just sad looking that he wanted to go search out Liam and hit him so hard for ever doing anything to make Niall think he hates him.
"You know that's not true. Daddy loves you very, very much. "
"No he doesn't! He won't cuddle with me at all today, not even after my spanking, and I always get cuddles then, and I made him angry because I was bad, and I brokeded his most favorite lamp, and, and, and he can't love me because I can't even use the potty because I'm stupid." And with that, the floodgates re-opened and Niall was once again sobbing into Harry's shoulder.
Harry was just shocked at everything Niall had just told him. When had Liam even spanked him? Usually that was something he would get Harry to do so he wasn't the bad guy. He continued rocking and rubbing Niall's back as he tried to process everything that was said.
"Niall," Harry began. "Look at me babe." Niall slowly obliged and was looking Harry in the eyes. "Daddy doesn't hate you at all, baby. It's quite the opposite actually. Daddy was feeling icky today; he probably didn't want you sick as well, yeah? And you weren't bad, you just made some not so nice decisions. And Niall, love, we could never hate you because you have accidents. Both Daddy and Papa know you're trying very hard, and we could never ask for anything more from you."
With that, Niall leaned back into Harry's chest and slowly stopped crying, feeling slightly more assured, even though he wished it was his Daddy telling him all of that. Harry closed his eyes and laid his head on the back of the chair as he kept rocking and stroking Niall's hair.
"Does that mean you need a change, love?" Harry finally asked quietly.
"Yeah," Niall whispered barely audibly.
Harry stood up with him in his arms and walked to the bathroom. He laid Niall down of the floor and began changing him, making sure to kiss his head and knees and tickle his feet a little to get a small grin back on his face. When he was finished, he stood and hauled Niall into his arms once again.
"What do you say we go down to see Daddy, yeah?"
Niall just shrugged, but asked quietly, "Blue, please Papa?" Harry grinned and stopped in Niall's room to retrieve the bear.
"Papa, I'm really hungry," Niall finally said as they reached the bottom of the stairs.
"Well, we'll just have to see what we can do about that, won't we?" Harry asked tickling Niall's sides. Niall giggled and agreed.
So, after Niall had eaten a couple cookies and had a sippy cup of milk, he was ready to go see his Daddy. Harry carried him into the living room where Liam was sat on the couch drinking some tea.
"Hey," Harry said softly, causing Liam to turn around and see the two of them. His heart wrenched at the sight of Niall, still red-faced and sad, shyly looking up at him over Harry's shoulder.
"Hi baby," Liam said and reached his arms out for him. Harry set Niall down and watched him nearly sprint into Liam's arms.
"I'm really, really, really sorry, Daddy, I really am," Niall babbled.
"I know babe, I know, it's ok. I'm sorry too, that I've been so grouchy today. That wasn't very nice, was it? Daddy loves you so much," Liam said, right back on top of his reassuring role now that his headache had faded.
"I love you too," Niall whispered, cuddling further into Liam and closing his eyes. Liam repeatedly kissed the top of Niall's head, continuing to whisper love into his ears.
And when Harry returned to the room an hour later to find Niall and Liam cuddled up together on the couch asleep, he knew the bond was never broken, and that truly warmed his heart. He gathered Louis and Zayn so that all of them could curl up together on the couch. And then and there, Liam realized just how truly lucky he really was to have his wonderful family.

A/N: I'm also really bad with endings. I'll post my other stories later yay :D