I

There are times when all I can think about is murdering someone, and this time is no different. She bled more than the others, and she keeps bleeding. My eyes could do nothing but stare at her neck, where my knife was previously embedded. The blood flowed continoulsy from the wound, and all I could do was smile. It formed a small pool around her, her eyes wide open and staring off into the distance as if she was daydreaming. It was disgusting how happy she looked. My hand gripped the handle of the knife tighter, and I slammed the blade into her chest, hoping to rid her face of the happiness she seemed to have. The first one didn't work, neither did the second. At this point I was working like a machine, pushing the blade into her chest and pulling back out, only to slam it back. By the time I had finished, my hands were covered with her blood. I dropped the knife onto the ground beside me. My hands gaining hold of my face as I shake my head slowly. My surroundings start to fade in, as well as the warmth of the blood on my hands. It was cold out. A small drizzle of rain pattered around me, I removed my hands from my face, her blood sticking to my face. The steady sound of traffic on the bridge above me caused me to look up, and after what seemed like forever, I looked down to the woman. Her eyes were still wide open, a piercing blue color and the color of her hair seemed to glow in the dark. My hand settled on her cheek as I slid my hand through her hair smiling softly. I regained the knife and stood, my legs carrying me to the shore of the lake, I fall to my knees in the water and begin to wash my hands and face, while replaying the scene within my head. After cleaning mysef of the woman's blood, I looked back up at the sky. The rain had stopped for now. My lips slowly whispered the words to myself. "I am God."