Chapter 1

A bitter scent woofed through the comfortable air. The two classmates sat opposite each other. One, the bubbly social butterfly- who's personality would fit the exact shape of a famous teen celebrity or a singing Idol, tried her hardest to think of a conversation starter.
Tried. Then failed.
"So- Kirigiri-San, your father is the headmaster? I wish I could see my dad as much as you can." the Idol stated.

Statements. Not much need for them if they aren't meaningful.

"Hm." Kyouko nodded, and sipped her bitter tea. Ignoring the fact that her father was brought up in this conversation.
Two, the quiet sleuth- who'd pick up on every tiny detail, tried her best to not go into detail with much things unless they meant something or if she needed to speak. This factor of Kirigiri was admittedly frustrating due to how difficult it would be to engage her into a conversation she would have a slight interest in.
Silence fell once again. This time for a longer period of time, almost in sync both the girls sipped their drinks: the mysterious teen Detective clinking her bitter coffee back to its saucer. And the famous young Idol gently cupping her sweet tea.
Maizono's mind was rushing, unlike the slow atmosphere around the two, persevering through the doubts in her mind that her partner wasn't enjoying the promised time with her.
"How about we go somewhere else, I can tell the aura in here isn't as good as I'd hoped." Maizono smiled genuinely, standing quietly and lending a warm hand to her other.
Kirigiri hesitated to take the Idol's hand, but eventually gave up.
------------------
Maizono linked arms with Kyouko as they both walked around the town.
The cold air kissing the girls' noses- making them a light pink shade.
Sayaka lead them both to a carnival, themed with colourful lights, fast rides and fitting music.
"I haven't been to these in a long time, I remember my Grandfather took me once." Kyouko said without thinking.
What a rare turn of events; the quiet one starting the conversations.

Sayaka grinned, her pearly teeth showing, "well then, that's perfect isn't it!"
Perfect. Kyouko hadn't heard such a word in a long while. Perfect. Is that the adjective to describe this outing? Or their friendship.
Nothing was perfect.
---------------
After having food, the two would finish off the night by going on a Ferris wheel. Kyouko stepped inside, then took Sayaka's hand to politely help her inside.
Much like the coffee shop, it was rather quiet. Kirigiri stared out at the dazzling lights and setting. She felt a hand being gently placed on hers. The detective's face dusted a crimson colour, and dared to look round at the Idol.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" Sayaka, once again, broke the silence.
"Just like you." The detective replied.

Nothing was perfect
Nothing but you

words: 477