zero

josh excitedly jumped for his phone when he saw he got a message from his best friend. they had made plans to go see a movie earlier that week, and josh was ecstatic. he couldn't remember the last time he had done anything like this.

however, his joy was crushed to pieces when he read what his only friend's words said, "my mom told me that I have to stay home tonight because she invited relatives over. raincheck?"

josh couldn't blame the guy, he hadn't seen his cousins in years. sure, he was disappointed, but not at his friend. at least not until he went on instagram to see that he just posted a picture of himself at a party. josh was ditched.

it's not like it was a surprise, though. the pink haired boy was far too aware of how lonely he was. the man he considered to be his closest friend didn't really give josh that much thought. and josh hated to admit it, but his existence didn't really matter.

these were josh's only thoughts as he went into the kitchen to take a swig from a random bottle. he didn't normally drink, but for some reason, it was something he couldn't wait for. his parents would be gone all weekend, so he wouldn't get caught anyway.

time was forgotten, just like the depressed boy was. he stopped checking the clock after downing six bottles by himself on the floor of his room. he entertained himself by studying the ceiling that hung above him. every detail was plastered into his broken mind. every crack, every spec of dust, all of it was something he would never forget. his walls were the only things that would comfort him in times of sadness. and this was definitely one of those moments.

the world became fuzzy and distant as he kept drinking more and more. after being silent for hours, he let out a cry. he would be like this for the rest of his life. he would be alone for eternity. his pathetic life was nothing but a waste of oxygen and money. he felt guilty.

suddenly, the glass bottle was ripped from his hands and smashed against the wall. josh let out a yelp of surprise and sat up, ready to confront whoever scared him. however, much to his disbelief, there was no one in the room except for himself.

"h-hey! sho-w y-yourself!" the boy hiccupped as his eyes darted around every wall that he spent his days staring at. nothing but the broken glass was different.

after sitting in silence for a few minutes, josh felt something cold touch his shoulder. with a gasp, he whipped around so he could find out who the culprit was.

a boy, about josh's age, stood before him. he had a clear look of concern on his transparent face. he had brown eyes, and interesting black tattoos on his arms. josh was intrigued.

"w-who a-re you?"

the mysterious man chuckled sadly before kneeling down and cupping josh's face in his hands.

"joshie, you shouldn't be doing this to yourself. you're so much better than this."

the alcohol finally caught up to him, and josh ended up losing all consciousness.

{so yeah welcome to my new fic, sorry if it isn't the best}