One Shot - Mornings

[EDITED]

Giovanni, Gomez and Severn stood at Coral's bedside, each of the boys wearing matching  unicorn onesies. Severn let the hood down so his tousled bed-head hair was exposed, while Gomez kept his hood on; the horn on his hoodie flopped to one side. Giovanni clutched one of the three guinea pigs in the pouch of his onesie. 

Giovanni stood the farthest from the headboard and wiped the sleep from his eyes."Is she dead?" He piped up.

"No she's not dead, Gio. It's obvious that's she's just sleeping. Look at the blanket, it's moving," Gomez proclaimed.

"Oh yeah, blame the guy who got no sleep last night, whatsoever! It wasn't my idea to raid the convenience store," Gio muttered under his breath. Several pieces of hay fell from his unicorn pouch. 

"Phoenix wants us to wake Coral up for breakfast, so it's your turn, Severn. I did it last time and she punched me in the nose," Gomez pushed Severn towards Coral, but Gomez resisted as best he could.

"No, it's Giovanni's turn. I did it the day before yesterday and almost got kicked in the nuts," Severn exclaimed and pushed his brother towards the sleeping girl.

"It is not my turn," Giovanni whined. He turned to see if there was anyone else to pin it on, but to no avail. "It's-it's yours!" He set his favorite plump guinea pig down before tackling Severn. The three boys scrambled around in Walter's room, pushing each other towards the bed. They bumped into drawers and the desk, making the lamp fall to the floor. Eli and Landon casually walked by Walter's bedroom, stopping by the open door to watch as their little brothers roughhouse. 

"What are you doing?" Landon asked, looking down at the broken desk lamp. 

"Why is Coral's lamp broken? What did you guys do?" Eli sighed. 

"It was Severn's fault!" Gomez shouted. 

"What? No way, it was Gio's! He started it," Severn retorted. 

"Why am I always the one stuck with everything?!" Giovanni complained, throwing his hands up into the air in frustration. 

"What's so bad about waking her up? Does she have bad breath or something?" Eli asked. 

Giovanni, Severn and Gomez traded looks. "Well, why don't you try it then," Gomez exclaimed. "I'm sure she'll thank you when she comes to,"

Perplexed, Eli walked over to her bedside, shaking Coral by the shoulders. "Get up Coral, Phoenix made waffles and sausages. If you don't wake up, Gio will eat everything. Now come on, up and at 'em," Coral mumbled something under her breath and pulled the duvet over her head. Eli groaned and pulled it off her. Coral's leg came around, swiftly kicking him on the side of his leg. Landon and the triplets laughed as they watched Eli pick himself up from the floor.

"Don't laugh until you've actually tried, Landon. Coral is really strong when she's asleep," Eli glared, bumping his brother's shoulder as he walked past. 

Landon glared at Eli, but eventually shrugged his shoulders and quietly made his way over to Coral. He tickled the bottom of her feet and she kicked him square in the face. Landon stumbled back and tried to prop himself up with his hand, accidentally slicing open his palm with broken glass. Landon backed away from the bed, clutching his bleeding nose with his good hand. "Coral is the fucking Devil in the morning!" Blood oozed from Landon's hand, but thankfully it was a small amount. He rushed out of the room and down the hall. 

Giovanni, Severn and Gomez exchanged looks once again, "Yeah, we knew that already," Severn responded.

Walter emerged from the bathroom, his hair still wet from the shower. The fluffy, white towel was hanging low on his torso, droplets of water speckling his perfectly sculpted body. "Mind if I try?" Walter asked. Gio and Gomez stood out of his way, while Severn hid Phoenix's smelly sock behind his back. Walter gave him a suspicious look, but looked at his lovely fiancé hiding under the covers. Walter laid down on top of her, cupping his hands around her mouth. He kissed her cheek, slowly making his way to her lips. Coral smiled and turned over as she opened her eyes. 

Groans of disgust came from the triplets as they filed out of the room, "Get a room!" Giovanni exclaimed as he picked up his guinea pig. "Chubbs is revolted. Don't look, little buddy. You'll be fine," Chubbs chirped in response as Gio shut the bedroom door behind them. 

Coral laughed, wrapping her arms around Walter's neck. 

"You've got to stop abusing my brothers. As much as everyone and I love you, getting wounded because of such a minor problem isn't going to settle well," Walter said. Coral inhaled and exhaled, looking up into Walter's soft, brown eyes. 

"Alright, fine I'll stop," Coral adjusted her position in the king sized bed, refusing to get up. 

"By the time you get out of bed, the triplets will have eaten all of our pancakes," Walter said, peppering Coral's neck with light feather kisses, "Now come on, there's decent pancakes downstairs." Coral groaned, but let Walter pick her up and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

 Phoenix was flipping pancakes on the stove, Gio watching over his shoulder like a vulture. Phoenix wore a pink apron Coral bought him for his birthday and his signature woolly carrot socks from that one Christmas. The apron was clearly meant for little kids learning how to bake. Seeing it on a grown man was outright hilarious. Splatters of flour dotted his black t-shirt and some found their way onto his nose. 

"Nice apron," Walter commented. Phoenix rolled his eyes, gesturing for the two to join the others at the table. They took their seats, the triplets sitting across from them, while Eli sat on a stool facing the kitchen. Giovanni's Chubbs was contentedly sat on the table with a bowl of dandelion flowers and leaves. 

"You know what," Coral said to Phoenix, "I really need to get you a matching toque for Christmas. That way you'll look like a real home chef. Just imagine, a hot pink apron matched with a hot pink toque, perfection!"

"Um, no way." Phoenix smiled, looking up from the cast iron skillet.

Landon trudged down the stairs, his hand bound in bandages. Phoenix's brow furrowed as he looked at his brother in concern. 

"What happened, Landon?"

"Apparently Coral can't get up in the mornings," he leaned closer to Phoenix. "She's the Devil in disguise." 

"Really now? Coral beat you up in her sleep?" 

"I think you might want to consider getting a job as sex toy manufacturer," Eli commented as he shoveled a large bite of pancake into his mouth. 

"Yeah!" The triplets chimed. 

"Fuck off," Landon grumbled. He grabbed a plate and slugged Eli in the arm before sitting down next to him.

The triplets' plates were empty, despite the large pools of syrup. Phoenix placed a large stack of pancakes onto the middle of the table. Giovanni was about to attack it with a fork, but Phoenix slapped his hand away, pointing to the three that just arrived.

"Leave some for everyone else Gio, you've had ten already. They haven't eaten anything yet," Phoenix said in his fatherly voice. Coral took a large amount and placed it on her empty plate, sticking her tongue out at Gio. He stuck out his bottom lip, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Fine, but I call dibs on the next one." Gio pouts. 

Walter flipped him the bird before digging into his mound of pancakes.

"So," Severn said. "When's the wedding?" Gomez and Gio slapped their sibling on the back of his head.