Prologue

Disclaimer: KHR! is a beloved product of Amano Akira's.

Searching for Sawada Tsunayoshi

Prologue

Maybe it's a good thing to start and end this letter on a high note, but ultimately, I can just make the start bearable. The things that happened since I returned to Namimori after nine years proved to be the nightmare I couldn't dream enough to be.

I was a kid once, and I believed that what my father made, the Katekyo Hitman Reborn! series was real. That there were really Mafia who'd look as cool and as compassionate as Tsuna was. That the powers did exist and I could also be a Mafia boss if there's a baby tutor that knocked on our frail door. My dad told us a lot of stories, but the printed story he had drawn stood the test of memory; I can still remember everything he told me about KHR when I flip a page.

In the end, I never became a Mafia Boss and my dad nary wrote a grain of truth about the series. None of it was real. Tsuna and his guardians never existed. Xanxus and the other villains were just make believe powerful idiots who's say long speeches and still not get themselves killed. The more I grew up, the more I lost faith in my father's yarn.

He even died dreaming. I forgave him, for awhile. It made me feel better and forget as well- the stories, the lies, and the only truth from his bullshit: that we were never really a part of it. He never wanted us to be.