Prologue - Cravings

Jiwon could feel his in his veins, a fire burning in his body that only could be killed with one thing he knew he shouldn't want.

"Call the doctor, immediately! That patient has a seizure and this time it's bad!" The nurse tried to run down the hallway but was hindered by her high heels. Considering the seriousness of the situation, she quickly kicked the shoes away and ran (while questioning while she even wore such shoes that day).

She ran for her life.
As her bare feet flew over the cold floor of the institute, she thought back to the days when she was a fresh newbie, determined to do the job she loved. And it was all going well. She soon had gotten a promotion, the people she nursed all liked her and even though there've been a few problem patients here and there, she never really feared any of them.

Until he came. The manifestation of all nightmares, the monster that'd be hiding under the beds of little children. He was the definition of the thing people were scared of when they thought about psychatries. The nurse thought back to the day he arrived here and shook her head in horror, not wanting to remember such cruel scenes.

Finally, she arrived at the doctor's office.
"Doctor! It's him! Hurry!" Shocked, doctor Jung nodded and ran with the nurse, rushing by a young man in a black sweater who was left with a surprised face and curiosity.

And when they arrived, a horrible sight was offered to them: eight people fixated a young man to a chair, his upper body clothed in a straightjacket and throwing himself himself at the people in hope to break through them. His screams were just like on that first day, inhuman and rather animal-like, just as much as he himself seemed to be as he jumped up, eyes rolling madly, just to be pressed down by the doctor and nurse and the eight other people.

"Go get the medications, he's getting calmer!"
"Jin, concentrate!"
"Fuck! Since when has he been that strong?"

She ran to the closet and took out the syringe-box with the label called "high dosis". And as Soonji, the nurse, turned around and her eyes met the patient's mad ones, she could see it in his stare. She froze right on the spot, the madness holding her in place and letting her heart beat faster as fear overcame her.

Jiwon was craving again.