1

Nicole

"Nicole, NICOLE!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at my boss who had a bowl and a brush in her hand. "Im sorry, I was- nevermind that. What's up?"

"I said can you run to the hair store and get me some demi hair color, and grab anything you think were out of." She handed me $20 and I sighed getting out of my chair, luckily the hair store was around the corner so I didn't have to waste my gas to go get stuff she needed. I know what it sounds like, you think I hate my job. But I didn't, I just didn't like her. She thinks she's the baddest thing in town just cause her thug boyfriend paid for her to get this shop, that didn't mean a damn thing.

I pushed the door opened to the hair store and went straight to the hair dye, I grabbed jet black, fuchsia, blue, purple, anything I could think of cause I was not making this trip down here a second time. I placed everything on the counter and looked outside while the slow ass chinese lady rung up the items. I saw a black Range Rover and I knew it was him, Cortez. I wasn't going to lie, Cortez was really eye catching. He had dreads that stopped on his shoulders, brown skin, light brown eyes, slightly muscular, tattoos from his neck to his arms, and he stood at about 6'2. So when he came to the shop it was hard for anyone to not stare.

"Where's my change." I handed GiGi her change and she took the bag also. I could feel Cortez burning a hole through my back as I walked away. He made me so nervous, I honestly didn't see what he saw in GiGi. She was probably using the man, and sucking his dick when he needed it. But guys these days wanted ass and titties, that honestly peed me off cause we don't complain when we don't get a big dick. All we get is a no job, living at your mama house, big belly, little dick, broke ass niggas. I got out of my feelings and decided i'll actually work for a change, but today was Monday and it was really slow.

I only did blowouts and braids but when it came to sew ins or what not, I left that job to GiGi and of course we had other workers but some didn't come in today. I always got picked on because of my race and i'll always get "you can't do hair cause you not even black" or "chile I ain't letting that lil white girl do my hair." But that didn't stop me, cause I knew wth I was doing and if they knew a thing or two about hair they asses would know what type of braiding hair to get when I get in they hair and besides some of these people just ignorant.

"Nicole! Nicoleeee!"

I sighed and walked from the back and placed my hand on my hip. "Yes GiGi?"

"My hands are kind of messy right now, but Cortez has something for me in his trunk. Can you help him get it?"

At that moment my heart dropped to my pinky toe and I quickly nodded and followed him to his truck.

"Nicole huh?" He pulled his keys out his pocket hitting a button and the trunk slowly opened.

"What?"

"That's your name right?"

"Oh, yeah."

"It's cute." He smiled at me and I gave a weak smile back looking into his car. "Alright, it's pretty heavy. This all her curlers or whatever this shit is."

I picked up a box and almost dropped it and he chuckled catching it for me. "Damn." I cursed under my breath. "This is heavy, oh my gosh."

"Told ya." I waited for him to lead the way cause I didn't know if these were going to her car or back inside the building. He started walking towards the building and we stacked the boxes next to GiGi's station. She kissed- I mean made out with Cortez and I almost puked, she thanked him and then he left.