Help From An Unexpected Place

Hello everybody! Here is another Jekyll and Hyde one-shot for all you beautiful and awesome people! X3

Warning: Mentions of self harm, along with suicide...if this is something that triggers you, or you wouldn't like to read, then you are free to run away from this.

Disclaimer: These versions of the characters belong to the awesome and lovely Sabrina Contugno. The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde belongs to Robert L. Stevenson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hyde's POV)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something had been seriously wrong with the good doctor these past couple weeks.

At the time, I didn't know what it was all about, nor did I care for that matter. But now...I feel like a fucking fool for not realising what was wrong sooner.

The doctor had been sobbing and crying every night now, more than usual.

Sleep was becoming a rarity for him too.

But to be honest, I had some part in why he was acting like this...some.

Our relationship is quite complicated and i'm sure you would fall asleep if I told you such intriguing and wonderous details about me, and the good doctor's little predicament...so I won't bother wasting my time telling you about it.

But all of this, was getting out of hand more and more, since one time, his supposed friend Lanyon had found the poor doctor in probably the worst state so far.

His arms were a bloodied mess, his clothes stained crimson with his own blood, and his hair was disheveled on his head, with some of it sticking to his pale face while his eyes kept on fluttering open and closed. He had done all of that...to himself!

Unfortunately, I had only just shown up to see what the end result had been...Lanyon had already rushed him to The Society's infirmary to get fixed up before I could have done anything.

That night I finally realised...that the poor doctor was slowly going down a dark path.

And one night...he was prepared to finish the job from that previous night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I would not let him do such a thing...not this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark and cold night, in my home of London. The streets were illuminated by the street lamps scattered about the city, while nearly every man, woman and child slept in their beds, though a few still walked around, trying to find something to do with their lives.

And like any other night, the doctor was at his desk, in his chair with his head in his arms resting on said desk. His sobs were audible to anyone in the building, though it seemed that the lodgers had already tucked themselves in for the night...and there was no sign of Lanyon either.

Just my luck.

I was the only one here to hear his cries of sorrow and agony...but it just seemed like any other night at the time.

Until...

"I-I can't...d-do this...a-anymore..." The doctor stuttered out quietly between sobs, though I was able to hear it as if he had simply said it right to me. But before I could say anything, he grabbed a purple vial out of one of his drawers, then slammed the drawer shut without a word uttered.