Chapter 1

Niras pov:
I open my eyes. Looking around, the room is mostly white. My eyes feel like they are shaking. Like I haven't slept in weeks. There is a window to my left. A huge window. With a view of trees. The sky was gloomy. Then my eyes closed again. And I felt my head fall. I jolted awake again. And seen a familiar face. I was wide awake.
"Nick..." I whispered. I reached for him. But the needles and tubes hooked up to my arms made my skin tug.
"Stay still." His voice was barely there. He was looking away and I could tell his jaw was clenched. I reached for him.
"Unhook me...I'm fine."
"No. You need to stay here..." He wasn't looking at me. I barely remember what happened.
"Look at me."
"I-I can't. Just promise me you'll stay here."
"Promise me you'll look at me." I said. I tried to sit up. But he clenched onto the side of the bed. He looked at me. Melting before my eyes. I reached for his hand but he took them off the bed and started walking out.
"Where are you going? Don't tell me you're leaving. We have to talk...I'm lost."
"So am I...I have to go find myself. I'm no good..." He reached for the handle.
"Wait..." I can't have him leave. I'm so confused and my parents aren't even here.
"Can I get a water? I'm thirsty..." He hesitated. He nodded and walked out. My heart was pounding. I watched my BPM go up. I looked at everything surrounding me. A small memory. Being bitten. I felt my face go pale. I remember him biting me in the restaurant. I felt my teeth with my tongue. Nothing unusually sharp. My skin wasn't pale. Neither was nicks. But my mind went to the stereotypes. Nick came back holding a styrofoam cup in his hand. He walked over to the side of the bed and handed it to me.
"Nick. Look at me..." Why won't he?
"It would hurt me more if you didn't." He shook his head, finally staring at me. I watched as his eyes flickered. His mouth was twitching. I was going to reach for him.
"I want a hug..." I said. Taking a drink and setting it on the bedside table.
"Please..." He shook his head.
"I can't do this..." He headed for the door again.
"Don't leave me Nick, please. Nobody is here and I have only a few memories of what is happening..."
"You know...I will NEVER forgive myself. You KNOW what this is going to do to me. Your parents don't even know. I have no idea what I would say..."
"My parents will understand. We were going to talk to them anyway I just figured-"
"Nira. This is going to hurt me more than anything else. Please. Stay here. Don't come looking for me..."
"Nick. Stop."
"No...I'm not saying we'll never see eachother but, I can't live with myself at the moment."
"I promise you I'm fine. And obviously I'm going to change. You can't just leave and-" he walked to the bed and fiddled with the sheets until I was covered again.
"Stay here. Do what you're supposed to do. If I ever see you again, just know, it would kill me. I can't see you like this..." He walked towards the door yet again.
"I'm not gonna be like this forever Nick. I'm fine, really I am. I-I could leave now..." I said, stuttering. He opened the door.
"You can't do this to me...who are you?" I said on the verge of crying. He stopped in the doorway.
"I don't know..." He said. And left.