Chapter One

Hi, my name's Layla.

I control my own destiny or that's at least what I tell myself. Currently, I live my life for myself, I just want to be more than a nameless face.

My alarm clock goes off and I jump out of bed. I grab a set of clothes and head towards the bathroom. In order to get a shower in the morning I have to wake up at 5:30 otherwise Matthew my older brother will spend the entire morning in there. I throw on some music and try to wake up. 

After my shower, I hop into my normal morning routine. It goes a little something like this. Since I wake up early enough I never have to rush through anything. I walk into the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of homemade granola, my family tries to eat really healthy. I pour milk on it and leave it to soften for a little bit. I ran upstairs to grab my backpack and as I'm eating I make sure I have completed all my homework. Once I'm done eating, I clean up my dishes and start to pack my lunch and backpack. While I'm going upstairs to grab my shoes and keys I run into a very sleepy Sophie. 

Sophie is my younger sister, but she's not the youngest there are two more below her: the twins. Let's get this out of this out of the way now. Matthew is the oldest at 19 he's currently in college. Then it's me I'm  a junior in high school. Next is Sophie, she was a surprise to our parents, she just started half day kindergarten. Our parents decided Sophie should have a sibling around her age. This is where the twins enter in Lukka and Peyton. They are currently 2. 

Sophie has woken up hungry and thirsty. I check the time on my phone and see I have an extra 10 minutes. I have her sit at the kitchen bar and I grab her a breakfast bar and a glass of almond milk. "There you go, Princess" she thanks me and I grab my stuff and head towards my car. 

I pull up into the student parking lot and park my car towards the back. I head to my locker to drop off all my unnecessary items and prepare for my first classes. My day has officially started like it was any other day, but what I didn't know changed everything.