A Day in The Life of Wah

He woke up in the early afternoon. He had forgotten to set an alarm and was late to a previous engagement with a certain pink Toadstool. He internally scolded himself for being so careless. Possibly the only time another living soul had asked to see him and he blew them off. With a groan he pulled himself out of the bed that was too short for his long skinny legs. He pulled a purple cap onto his head and found a pair of hugely long purple track pants. He put on a purple tank top that bore his emblem- the inverted L.

The world, the Mushroom Kingdom in particular, did not like Waluigi. Whether it was his preferred company or his intimidating appearance the young purple man did not know. It was a fact that he accepted. He was despised and unloved by all. Well, almost all, his short yellow 'friend' didn't completely hate him, but Waluigi had doubts he was high on the list. The lanky plumber heated up a large bagel in his micro wave and waited for the dinger to go off sitting at his kitchen table. He pulled leather boots onto his large feet still getting ready for his 'date' with Toadette. His long pointed ears cocked back at the sound of the ding his microwave made.

He finished tying his boots and went to fetch the bagel. He simultaneously spread cream cheese on te bagel and sifted through a pile of papers and letters looking for his cell phone. He eventually found the purple flip phone and took a look as he flicked it open. Toadette had called him five times every half hour to the minute since he was late and Waluigi frowned harder than he already had. With the bagel in his mouth Waluigi grabbed his e leather jacket and walked out the door of his shabby apartment.

OOOOOOO

Waluigi fixed his hair as he walked through the door of the coffee shop. He eyeballed the entire establishment checking if the little shroom girl he was supposed to meet was there, he had secretly hoped she wasn't. When the coast was clear he turned to leave breathing a sigh of relief until he heard a voice of high pitch half yell at him. "You're three hours late!"

Waluigi turned around to see Toadette standing on the sidewalk behind him. He rolled his eyes and said "I would've only been two and half hours late if the walk here from my apartment wasn't so damned long."

She crossed her arms and looked down. She had clearly been hurt by his lateness and sarcastic retort. "Do you still want coffee?" she asked.

Waluigi groaned. "If it keeps you out of my inbox." She smiled and walked through the door and Waluigi followed. "Why did you even invite Wah to coffee anyway?"

He continued to follow her until they found a seat by a window. The seat and table was made of mushroom, as was most of the kingdom. He pulled her chair out and sat down in his own. He made the fact that he didn't like it here blatantly evident. A blue capped toadstool in a waitress' outfit came to take their order.

"Just a coffee for me," Toadette told her. Both of their eyes were on Waluigi now. "I'll take some waffles and a coffee. No sweetener please."

"Thank you, would you like your bills together or separate?" the waitress asked in reply.

"Seper- ," Toadette started, but she was cut off by her purple companion.

"I'll pay," Waluigi said.

The waitress nodded and left, putting a note on the counter for the cook to pick up. Toadette looked at Waluigi confused as to why he'd pick up the bill. The purple man yawned and looked out the window watching Toadstools bustle through the streets. "You never answered my question," Waluigi said rudely.

Toadette almost jumped at the sound of his voice and she blushed as she told him. "I just wanted to get to know you. Of all the people in this kingdom you are the hardest to figure out. You don't go on adventures, yet you play alongside all of us in the kart races. You are friends with Wario but you don't help him with his company. Where do you stand in this kingdom?"