No Homo

Lance can't stand Keith.

He can't stand the way he always has to go and show him up by being better than him at everything.

Thank goodness for that stupid haircut- if he had decent hair, Lance might not even have him beat in the looks department.

Lance mentally fumes as he sits against the wall, watching Keith and Shiro spar for practice.

Scowling, he stares at Keith's perfect form and flawless battle skills. He stares at Keith's muscles. He stares at Keith's short ponytail and the sweat dripping down his skin. He stares at the tiny sliver of skin that appears every few seconds as Keith lifts his arm and thus, lifts his shirt. He stares at-

"Earth to Lance!"

Lance jumps, finally noticing Pidge standing over him, waving her hand in front of his face.

"We're on a spaceship, Pidge."

"Why are you staring at Keith?"

"I'm not staring at Keith! I'm... studying his battle technique so I can learn how to destroy him."

"You're drooling."

"What can I say? I just love the idea of destroying Keith."

Pidge sighs. "Whatever. I just wanted to tell you to take a shower. You reek."

Lance huffs as Pidge walks away. He stands, sends one last scowl toward Keith, and walks to the shower.

***

Lance shuts the water off, still singing the Spanish words to the song his mother used to sing to him when he was little.

He doesn't miss a beat as the soothing melody flows- he knows this song by heart. He doubts he'll ever forget the words.

He wraps a towel around his waist and walks out of the shower- and almost collides with Keith.

He shouts and backs away, desperately clutching the towel to his otherwise naked body.

"Sorry," Keith mutters, staring at the floor. Lance detects a hint of a blush on the red paladin's cheeks. "I- I heard you singing. You're pretty good."

Lance tries and fails to fight down his rising blush. "Thanks."

Keith nods stiffly, still refusing to meet Lance's gaze. He turns and quickly walks out of the room and down the hall.

Lance just stands there, baffled at what the heck just happened.

***

At dinner, Keith is completely silent, and still refuses to look Lance in the eye. At one point, Lance asks Keith to hand him a napkin, and he accidentally knocks the entire stack of napkins off the table.

"What's going on with you today?" Hunk asks, staring at Keith. "You've hardly said a word since practice, you won't look at us, and you're constantly blushing."

"I am not," Keith snaps, and lowers his head even further. "I'm not hungry. I'm going to bed."

Keith stands up and leaves the table, walking toward his room.

They all watch him leave in silence.

Despite the fact that Lance absolutely despises Keith and wants nothing more than to beat him at something other than good looks, he's worried about his fellow paladin.

"Should I go check on him?" He asks the others.

They all stare at him, surprised.

"You want to check on Keith?" Allura says.