•1•

Howdy! It's admin, so I'm going to have a few cliches in here, maybe some fluff..
I hope that next season we have more character development for Hunk- this is what I think it, and season 3 might look like! I have been doing my research and Hunk is Samoan, I've been trying my best to study the culture and make sure those areas are done correctly. If you notice a mistake, please DM me so I can correct it!

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

January 13
Castle commons room

Hunk Garret had never been particularly fond of  explaining his family. It was so confusing to a stranger that after the 5th time he explained it, he would grow bored and change the subject. It wasn't that he didn't like his family, he did, he truly did.
The simple facts were: his mother is from Upolu and his father, a second generation New Zealander born on an island of Samoa.
He would have to explain where Samoa was each time and how who got where-blah, blah, blah.
The next worse thing than having to explain it to a stranger, was explaining it to Lance.
"Wait wait wait- so where's Samoa again?"
Hunk sighed ready to give up "Samoa isn't an island. It's a whole bunch of little islands. Like Hawaii-"
"So it's in Hawaii?"
"No. It's part of Asia"
"So you're Asian, like Keith?"
"Technically yes"
"So does Japan own the islands or something?"
Hunk wanted to throw something at him, he got up from the couch walking away hands in the air "Nope, nope! I'm out- I am O-U to the T!"
"Aw cmon Hunk! Buddy?!" Lance whined
"If you need me I'll be in the kitchen!"
Hunk heard a groan as he left the room, he rolled his eyes muttering to himself about what a pain Lance could be sometimes. He rubbed his eyes as he walked into the kitchen. He reached for the light and knocked over a broom making a loud clang "IM OKAY!"

It was a habit he had picked up from his childhood, if he made a loud noise or caused any ruckus, he would yell that he was okay to assure his parents. 

Hunk yawned finally finding the light switch and turned on the light. He looked around the kitchen and sighed contently.

This was favorite place in the castle-why? Not only was he a foodie, it was-in his opinion- the most Earth-like thing on the ship. It served the same purpose as it did back home, and it made his heart swell from the memories of him and his mother cooking.

He got out some ingredients, humming an old song he would hear on the radio all the time, but couldn't remember the name of. Hunk preheated the oven and strolled back over to the cold metal counter, tapping it with his fingers. He decided to make a cake, or to the best of his abilities, they had gone to another space mall. He had worked an hour in the food court in exchange for Earth, or earth like ingredients. He made sure the things were high quality, after all, it was his birthday.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Hunks first birthday was on Upolu, he could remember none of it. His parents would tell him about the beautiful cake, the *Taualuga, the sparklers, and the breath taking sunset. His parents would tell him about the many celebrations they used to have and how they wished he had been there for them.
Birthdays in his family would come and go, they had to be short and sweet. The money was scarce and they had to save it, they promised Hunk, at a very young age, that he would go to a college, wether it be military or educational. So every *tālā they found was tucked away under the floorboard.

Hunk had followed in the footsteps of his father, working each day and night in an auto shop. He excelled in this, each task meticulous and requiring a steady hand and extreme focus. He accepted both American and Samoan money, any money really. His other past time was cooking.

Hunks mother, Oliana, was a beautiful woman, she had long black hair and deep dark brown eyes. Her hands were worn and wrinkled from time. She had a smile that would light up the room, and hugs that would even make Keith's heart melt. She taught Hunk the value of food, not only was it delicious, it had the power to bring people together. She would always say
"Stick with your gut, it leads you to the best food, and with good food there's good people!"

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Hunk smiled whisking everything together remembering her. She used to put her hands on his to guide him. He still remembered her leathery warm skin. He heard feet running down the hall
"LANCE IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" Pidge screeched
"If you can keep up, peanut!" Lance yelled, their voices echoed down the hall. Hunk chuckled and sighed
"With good food, there's good people"

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
*Taualuga- a traditional Samoan dance performed by the Mayor on a celebration such as wedding or birthday
*tālā- Samoan currency- similar to a dollar

Alright! That was my first chapter! Hope it isn't trash! NONE OF THIS IS CANON EXCEPT THAT HES SAMOAN AND CAN COOK!