what happened

The sun streamed through the thin curtains giving the quiet room a soft and dewey look. A shift in the bed awakened the girl as she turned over with a small smile creeping up on her lips.

She watched him as he got dressed and turned around, startled that he woke her up.
'Im sorry y/n, i didnt mean to wake you up' Daichi said softly.
'You didnt' the girl replied.

You and Daichi had been friends since you were 5 years old. Your mothers introduced you to Daichi and his friend Koushi and the three of you have been thw best of friends since that day. All of it was destroyed already in just a few moments of carelessness. You and Daichi were playing around and one thing led to another and you ended up sleeping together. You wanted to tell him how much you loved him but his actions on you left you breathless.

'I-' you started
'I know, i know. We are still friends, so dont worry about things being awkward.' He said as he ruffled your hair. Tears threatening to spill over your lower eyelid, you turned around so he wouldnt see.
'Yeah... just friends. Things wont be awkward okay?' Y/n said with a trembling voice.
He gave you a smile and a quick friendly peck on the cheek and was out for volleyball practice.

Broken sobs were heard throughout your house. Sniffing and wiping your tears away, y/n looked in the mirror and gave a fake smile that she was all too familiar with that quickly faded as more tears flowed down her cheeks.

'Y/n..' Suga called out as he walked in his best friend's house.
'Coming!' The girl replied as she ran downstairs and hugged the boy.
'Sorry it took so long, i was getting ready' she trailed off.
'Are you okay? You look like youve been crying.' Suga said concerned.
'Suga. You have known me for how long? I alwayd get allergies at this time of the year' she said with a forced giggle. The taller male knew something was up but let her be. If she wanted him to know, she would tell him.

They walked outside and started their way to the park. It was an uncomfortable silence until the y/n broke it.
'I slept with Daichi!'
'WHAT?!'

Both of them stopped as she cried softly against Suga's shoulder.
'I cant believe how stupid i am.' She cried out 'i should have known he was caught up in what was happening'
'Its okay' Suga said in a soothing voice. 'You can always tell him how you feel.' He offered as advice.
'Never!' You yelled out. 'He said we were just friends.'
Sugawara could feel her tears soaking the fabric of his white t-shirt
'Im here for you' he whispered.

A few weeks have gone by the friendship between Daichi and y/n has been weak. Every day that goes by with no words being shared had seperatef them more and more. Remembering the events of that night makes her choked up everytime she is around Daichi.

'Come on. Pick up' y/n murmered into the receiver
'Hello?' A womans voice said through the speaker.
'Mom! Thank god. I thought you were busy.'
'No, not at all, sweetie. Whats wrong?'
'Um. I was wondering if i could move in with you and dad.... i know, i asked to stay here to finish school but i think its best i move in with you again.'
'Of course darling. Just start packing and come on over whenever you want okay?'
'Okay.'

'So thats it?' Sugawara whispered to y/n 'youre just leaving? He asked
'Yeah' she whispered 'i just cant handle this anymore.'
'You need to say something to him.' Koushi said
'....fine'

Th volleyball team was cleaning the gym after practice. Leaving Daichi to lock up.
He started on his way home in the cool winter night when he saw y/n standing at the door
'Y- y/n? You havent said a word to me in forever....'
'I know... im moving in with my mom and dad' she said hesitantly.
'What?! Why?.... i thought we were going to graduate together.... me, you, and koushi...' he said. Y/n walked over and looped her arms around his neck pulling his face down to connect with hers.
She was passionately kissing him as he stood frozen, unsure of what to do about his friend kissing him. Tears rolled down her cheeks and continued down to his chin.
She pulled back and rested her forehead against his cheek.
'Please Daichi, i love you. I love you so much.'
'Y-y/n I... um. Im sorry.' Was all he said. She sucked in a choked breath and turned around leaving her love standing there, still trying to comprehend what just happened.
They would always be just friends. Maybe not even that.

Sugawara noticed a difference in Daichi. He seemed more distant now that not only did he turn down one of his best friends but he might have destroyed it. That kind of thing is worse than just slowly pulling away from an aquaintance. Y/n hasnt said anything to him. Sugawara talks on the phone with her every night and gives her updates on Daichi.

'Everytime i ask him about his feelings, he just says that you will always be friends' Koushi says in a unsure tone
'I see'

~~

Kind of angsty dont you think? I have had my fair share of unrequited loves. I dont really know where this came from, i just started writing somethig so my apologies if it isnt the best.

Love, Nagoya