The Mandela Effect

The Mandela Effect is a term for where a group of people all mis-remember the same detail, event or physicality. It is named after the instance in which a large group of people all shared the same memory that Nelson Mandela died prior to his actual 2013 death, usually some time in the 1980's. The effect is somewhat different from a false memory as it effects large groups of people, seemingly without many connections and without the same emotional factors present. It also seems stronger and harder to escape the feeling that it's simply a mis-remembering of a detail, which is why people are so adamant with claims of their memories. As such, it's often been hinted at that the Mandela Effect is closely related to cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds beliefs, ideas, or values and is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

Many people who believe in this theory, believe that this world has a "alternative universe" or maybe someone goes back in time and changes stuff. I don't know about this honestly. So the story behind the alternative universe is that, what we remember something as, is in fact real, but in a alternative universe. So like, people in this world actually believe it the way it is remembered as.

Another theory is to do with time travelling. This one is that, someone has gone back into time and then just changed it which resulted in everything nowadays to be changed, but people still have the memory of it.

There are thousands of different evidence, to prove that the Mandela Effect is real. I will be listing all the ones I could find below. If you have any more, be sure to comment them below.

What's your opinion on the Mandela Effect though? Why does it happen? Leave all comments below