Chapter 1

JJ woke next to Will, her long term boyfriend, on an early Thursday morning. She heard her phone ring. At 4:00 in the morning, there was only one thing it could be; work.
JJ sat up and looked at her phone. Will got up to see her looking at the message on her phone screen.
"Work?" He asked.
JJ nodded.
"You're gone all the time. JJ I never see you anymore."
"Will, you know what it's like. You're a cop! You know that when it calls, work needs me, it needs us."
"Henry never gets anytime with us." He looked away. "And speaking of which, the sitter quit."
"Again? That's the third one this month!"
"Yeah I know!"
"Okay, why are you yelling!"
"I'm not yelling, you're the one yelling!"
"Whatever, Will,  just--just don't wake up Henry. I've got to go to work."
JJ got out of bed and walked to Henry's room. She smiled and then closed the door.
After she had a cup of coffee and a shower, she was ready for work.
"Bye." She said to Will, not even giving him a hug or kiss.
Will stood up and walked over to JJ.
"We can't live like this, fighting, all the time. It's not good for Henry."
"I know." JJ almost started crying. "I know. Listen Will, I've got a case to solve so, I'll talk to you later."
"Yeah you too."
Will closed the door behind JJ, almost more like slamming it.
JJ got into her car as tears dripped down her face.
"I can't live like this." She said to herself.
On the way to the Bureau, all she could think about was what Will had said to her before she left; "We can't live like this, fighting, all the time. It's not good for Henry."
She pulled up in the Bureaus parking lot. Then JJ pulled out a picture of Henry.
"I have to do what's best for all three of us. Maybe Will's right."
Then a bang on her window interrupted her train of thought. It was Spencer.
Spencer Reid works with JJ. They are very close friends. When JJ didn't want to tell something to Will, Spencer was the one she talked to. Spencer also came to her about his feelings too.
JJ opened the door to her car.
"Hey, Spence."
"Hey."
"Is Hotch here yet?"
"I think that's him right there." Spencer said pointing to a car behind JJ.
Then Spencer grabbed her hand. "Let's beat him inside!"
So Spencer and JJ ran inside the Bureau to the elevator.
"Come on, come on!" JJ said smiling.
Spencer waited impatiently, also smiling.
Hotch then walked through the Bureaus entrance, toward the elevator with a smirk on his face.
The elevator door opened and Spencer and JJ ran in. They rapidly pressed the "close door" button in the elevator until it closed.
The door closed as Hotch got to it.
"Yes!" JJ said putting out a hand for her friend to high five.
The trip in the elevator was quiet until Spencer said, "So how's Will?"
JJ's smile swept away. "Oh, uh, he's good, I guess."
"Why, what's wrong? Wait, is there something going on? Did you two get into another fight?"
"No, well, kind of, yeah."
"About work again?"
"Yeah. He still seems to not understand."
"How does he not understand? I mean, he's a cop, right?"
"Yes, that's what I keep trying to tell him. He doesn't listen. I wish there was more people in the world like you, Spence."
Spencer looked down and smiled at that comment.
Then the elevator doors opened and they walked out quickly, remembering that Hotch still needed to come up.
"JJ, if you need anything, you can talk to me. I'm--I'm here."
JJ hugged him. "Thanks, Spence."
JJ walked to her desk area and started getting case files ready for when Hotch arrives.
Morgan went up to Spencer who was still at the elevator, staring at JJ.
"Hey, Pretty Boy!"
Spencer smiled. "Hey."
"What's goin' on between you and JJ over there?" Morgan gave him a cheeky grin.
"Nothing's going on! She's just, going through a hard time and I just told her that if she wanted to talk, she could talk to me."
Morgan gave a little laugh. "Well what ever's going on between you two, I'm all for it! Go get 'er, Kid!"
Spencer smiled and then went over to his desk area. All of a sudden, Hotch came out of the elevator.
He went up to JJ and told her to go to his office. Then he went up to Spencer and told him the same thing.
Hotch sat down at his desk across from JJ and Spencer.
"What was with the elevator?" He asked seriously, but with a slight smile on his face.
JJ looked at Spencer. "It was nothing, really sir, we're sorry."
Hotch looked at JJ and then told her, "Thank you." And made a hand gesture that told her to leave the office.
Once JJ left the office, Hotch turned to Spencer.
"Reid, I get that you like JJ and want to flirt with her, but, not at work, ok?" He said giving a small smile.
Spencer smiled and nodded. "Yes sir."
"And go bring JJ back, I need you both here."
Spencer gave a concerned look, then stood up and went to go find JJ.
He went up to her desk. "Um, JJ, Hotch wants to talk to us."
"I thought he just did!"
"I know. But he wants to see us again."
So Spencer and JJ headed back up to their boss's office and sat down.
"So, the case is in Los Angeles, that's where the team and I will be going." Hotch continued to talk as JJ and Spencer exchanged looks. "But you two will be going on a different case in Florida. If you don't mind, you will pose as a couple."
Spencer smiled at JJ. JJ smiled back at him and then looked at Hotch.
"When do we fly out?"
"Your flight is booked for 7:30pm tonight."
JJ nodded and turned to Spencer.
Hotch looked at them. "Your excused."
Spencer and JJ walked out of the office.
"I've gotta go talk to Will about something, see you tonight, Spence."
Spencer smiled. "See you tonight."
Morgan came up to him. "Sounds like Pretty Boy has got a date!"
"It's not a date, it's work."
"Yeah a "work date"."
Then Hotch called for the team, except JJ and Reid, to come to the briefing room to discuss their case. "Morgan. Briefing room."
"See ya later Pretty Boy! Have fun on your date!"
"It's not a date!" Spencer smiled and turned to walk away.
"Maybe it is a date." He said to himself.
Spencer grabbed his bag and went back into the elevator, looking forward to a great weekend with a great friend.