Chapter 1

Stiles is smart.

Sure, there were other mysteries to Beacon hills, however, not this popular. Ever since three or so years ago, no one was allowed in Beacon hills' Forest. A large vast forest of trees and other natural sights, no one was allowed in. For about a few years now, this was the biggest mystery Beacon had to offer. Maybe because everyone suspected it had something else behind it, recent animal attacks had made the forest unenterable. Stiles wasn't one for following the rules, he planned on going into these woods just to see what was inside.

He pulled on a nice blood red sweatshirt, some dark jeans, the kind he was smart enough to not rub his hands on to make them lighter colored. He took his phone with him, but that was it, he had the sweatshirt because it was actually cold. For being fall in California, it was a pretty cold day, his father left for his work really early too, he walked since he had a long day ahead of him even after he gets bored of the forest. He saw the 'no trespassing' sign, he smirked at the disobedience. He took a step in and then started to run.  He ended up walking for a lot of the way, he was just heading back when it turned night. He froze when he heard a branch snap followed by a rustle, he pulled his hood down for a better view, he turned sharply-in each direction. Then he stopped for a few seconds and they felt like hours, he froze at the sight of a black figure with glowing red eyes. It was snarling, but his brain had practiced processing stress and fear. He calculated his chance of survival, somehow it phased the beast's appearance, probably because he was expecting it. The beast knew he was thinking of how to get out of his situation alive.

He had a 23% percent chance of survival, but he still found himself running, also processing that he didn't hear the creature run after him. He felt his heart beat faster, but he pushed on. He knew he wasn't going to make it far, he wasn't that good of a runner, especially in jeans, however, he also had to think of something quickly-interrupted by being tackled. His face was cut and so was his leg and lip. Adrenaline had pushed through his body, so it helped, but he still felt the sting. He didn't know how long he was on the ground, apparently it was long enough for the beast to come to his side, he could here the branches snap beneath it, he must of hit his head. He got up quickly, he took a spin, then eyed the back side of the 'no trespassing' sign and started to run again. He didn't even make it six steps before he was tackled again, he landed on his back.

He wanted to scream, but then a wolf like beast stepped onto his stomach, its shear weight knocked the wind out of him. He groaned loudly, then the weight released all of the sudden, then he tried to get up again, but this time he just plain tripped and fell over again, then suddenly someone came up to him. He wanted to jolt, but he stopped himself, he turned around to see who it was, but then he froze. The man that was in front of him, he had canines like a dog and the glowing red eyes of the beast, Stiles took one step back, but kept one foot forward. So far the man was only scanning him and questions were eating him, like who, what, and how. He could literally hear his heartbeat, he was afraid, he wanted to run; but there was something about this man that made him calmer

"Wha-what are you," he suddenly asked. The man put on a shocked look at first, but calmed himself. The man took a step forward, but Stiles took a step back. Then another step, mirrored. This happened until Stiles was up against a big tree, the man was right next to him now, Stiles turned his head away, he was quivering.

"I'm a werewolf," he was honest," my name is Derek..." He explained a little further," you're taking this really well..."

"Let's just say... I'm going to freak out later, if I survive..." Stiles took a sharp breath.

"I'm not going to kill you..." He said plainly," just don't tell anyone," an arm was on his right side.

"You won't?" Stiles asked.

"No..." He stated calmly," I can tell you're still very scared."

"About freaking out later?" He started to take deep breaths. The man took a step back and Stiles suddenly felt all his cuts.

"It's okay, breathe..." Derek stated and Stiles started. Derek calmed him thankful his heart rate finally slowed.

"I-" Stiles realized his voice was too crisp and it hurt, so he cleared it," I better go, I'm Stiles by the way."

"Hmm?" Derek hummed in response.

"I won't tell anyone, don't worry," he said, Derek seemed pleased.

"Come back tomorrow?" Derek asked, Stiles back tracked in his mind.

"Okay?" He sort of stated which was more like a question. He needed to clear his head, it was the weekend, but his dad still had to work, which was amazing, another day to speak to a werewolf.

Yay, ch 1 done!