The Realm Of Alfheim

There are nine realms of the universe, each one vastly different than the others. I am from Alfheim known as being the homeland of the light Elves. It is, as the name suggests, a world inhabited by the elves, a class of demigod-like people.

In the books I have acquired over my many lifetimes I have come to see that others describe us light elves as being luminous and more beautiful than the sun. Maybe because we are a generally beautiful people but more likely because our homeland is a gracious realm of light and beauty. The Vanir god Freyr is said to be the creator of our lovely Alfheim. He left our world in the capable hands of his royal line. A line who rules over our world with a steady and sure hand.

My name is Visenya and I am a descendant of that very line, my mothers line to be exact. I was next in line for the throne and very anxious to take the reigns. But I was not only in line for one thrown, but two. I was in line for my fathers thrown as well, he and his people lived in the realm of Svarcalfheim, the realm of the dark elves. I was the first born of both lines and the first ever elf mix. My mother Thira spent some time with her three younger brothers, my uncles Thranduil, Thanos, and the youngest Thalion in Svarcalfheim as teenagers studding the ways of the dark elves. It was there she met my father Malakeith prince of the dark elves and not long after they were married.

I was born in Svarcalfheim and raised by my fathers side. My mother did not take her thrown until I was nearly full grown, my grandmother ruled before her so we lived with my father. My father was a strong man with great ambitions for his people. He sought to restore his people to their once former glory by using the Aether to restore our realms. In doing so he sparked a war with a rival realm, Asgard. He fought valiantly along side his greatest warriors, but the Asguardians out numbered us ten to one. My father and the dark elves fell. My mother and I fled back to Alfheim for refuge knowing that the Asguardians would have us executed if they found us outside of Alfheim. They'd have no chance to get to us once there, Alfhiems army was twice the size of the Asguardians. So we fled. My mother took her rightful place on the thrown and ruled her people while keeping far away from Asgard and there people.

I was raised by my mother and my uncles, my childhood was kept as normal as possible. And as far as I felt now it was as normal as normalcy went with my circumstances. But as I grew my family began to notice my differences that presented themselves at a drastic rate. My mother and her people had few magical abilities other than healing and other small talents like reading thoughts or altering emotion. They were a generally peaceful people but they weren't dumb, they knew of the dangers outside our realm. They had many warriors and a massive army to protect all of Alfheim and because we were elves and were immortal our army's grew every year and never seemed to shrink. Ever. I had the abilities of the Alfheim elves yet I also had those of dark elves, that of more destructive powers and manipulation of the mind or body.

Not only did I have different abilities but I also looked different. I was different and I knew it, not just my increasing dangerous abilities but also my appearance. I looked nothing like the light elves with there milky almost illuminated skin and pale blue or white grey eyes and soft spoken voices. I had there fare skin, yes but that was all I had that resembled my light elven counterparts. My fathers people usually had dark hair and red, amber, or even black eyes with a grey skin tone to them. Dark elves were usually very aggressive and out spoken. My mother and father predicted I would take the form of one face not both, yet I had what seems to be a mix of both.

My skin was soft as silk yet strong and durable like steel. My hair was not the golden or silver white of the light elves but pitch black like those who belonged to the Dark elf clans. The other nine realms called them Black Eyes, a racial slur to put down all who belonged to the Dark elves. After my fathers failure and the demise of Svartalfheim those of the Dark elves that survived, those who remained were treated as filth. With no realm to return to, no home to go back to, the last of the Dark elves were rounded up and sold like slaves. And they were the people who I resembled the most. My hair hung in waves to the midpoint of my thighs, thick yet soft. My hair was long like my Mother's people who never cut their hair, the longer your hair was the wiser you were. It showed how old you were and how you should be respected. The dark elves kept there hair shorter but long enough to be pulled back from their faces. I was taller than the others as well, fit like a warrior woman, toned but also fragile looking all at once. I had high cheek bones, a straight edged nose, and full lips the mix of my father and mothers features in almost equal parts yet my mothers tipped the scales. My mother always told me I looked like my father, but I couldn't remember what he looked like and when I looked in the mirror I saw my mother staring back. The Asgardians went to war with my father when when I was four and he was defeated when I was eight. I had been raised in his arms as a child but after hundreds of years I couldn't manage to remember his face.

I was short of stature and very beautiful with dark black hair and dark purple eyes that stood out against my snow white skin. I wasn't as small framed as my mothers people but not as muscular as my fathers. I was fit and strong as my father, physically able to bend metal with nothing but my hands yet I looked small and delicate. It was the ultimate facade, and a deadly one at that. I was a predator and the other elves feared me, feared what I might be capable of. And they should have. Because of who my father was and his legacy and who his enemy's were my mother had me trained as a warrior so that I might protect myself from the Asguardians who wanted my head. She also trained me the best she could to use my abilities but I surpassed her teaching when I was ten years of age. And with no dark elves left to help with my dangerous powers I was basically on my own. But I thrived.