Free Falling

A/N: Hi guys! This is my first story on Wattpad so I hope you like it! Please comment and give me any kind of feedback, vote, and maybe even follow me. I'll be posting every week (mostly on Fridays). I hope you enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

I never really thought of falling in love as a happy thing. I thought it was quite pathetic, honestly. Giving up yourself so easily for just one person. Risking your independence and even dignity just for a girl. I would never fall in love. Not in a million years.

I stared at the road as we kept driving from California to New York city. Yep, I'm moving. Am I upset? Not really. I mean, I had friends, and I'll miss them, but they'll move on with their lives. They'll probably replace me in a day. I guess I've lived my life not caring at all.

We were in the border line from Pennsylvania to New York. Dad announced it loudly. My big sister, Kelly, shrugged and I just rolled my eyes. She wasn't too happy about the move. She had a lot of friends, and even a boyfriend. I felt bad for her, but sometimes I wished she could let it go. Kelly was acting like a baby, and it's getting annoying. But I'm not one to talk. I was a mess when mom died.

She died about 3 years ago, and honestly i lost it. I'm better about it now, but I'm still not completely accepting the fact that she's gone.

"Chris," my dad called. I turned my attention to him. He's been concerned that i didn't really care about the move. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yea, I'm ok," I reassured. It didn't work. It was worth a shot though.

Before I knew it, we arrived. I stepped out of the truck, and grabbed one of the boxes. Kelly just carried her white purse, and walked out. I looked ahead of me, and saw a nice entrance to our new apartment building. It looked like a really nice hotel, but we're living in it. I chuckled at myself, and pressed the "up" button on the elevator.

Kelly went in with me and we didn't talk for the whole elevator trip. She was looking at the ground, twirling her white-blonde hair around her index finger. I looked ahead of me as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. Kelly stepped out first, and I followed. I looked left and right for room "83B". After about 18 seconds, I found it. I took out the keys and opened the doors.

The room was giant. In fact- it had two stories to it. I saw a staircase that must've led to the bed rooms. Kelly caught on, and rapidly went up the stairs.

"I call the bigger room!" she hollered. I shrugged. I didn't care what room I got. If it had a bed, I was good. I went up the stairs and went into a random room. I placed the box beside the bed, and plopped down on the sofa. I then thought about life here rather than California. No more ocean, perfect weather, or hot sun.

I looked out my "new" window. I saw a street full of honking cars and tall skyscrapers. It was a pretty nice view. I like New York, but i never thought about living here. I opened the box. It contained books and such. Then i found this one book. The Notebook. I frowned a little bit. It was probably the dumbest book that ever exsisted.

It bothered me when the couple would cry over eachother. All they had to do was say sorry and then they would've lived happily ever after, But noo, they had to take so damn long to just admit that they still love eachother, because they didn't even realize shit.

The only reason why I tolerated the book was because my mom loved it. The thought saddened me a bit. She always told me: One day, you'll find someone very special and dear to you. And when you do, I will say 'I told you so.'

I frowned a little. Nobody knew this, but I missed her so much. I stared at the book. I wondered if i would ever meet "that girl".

I snickered and threw the book back in the box. Love wasn't real. It's all just a giant illusion that everyone couldn't see through.

I will never fall in love, not in a million years.