Last Day of Summer

Mackenzie's POV

Tomorrow is the first day of high school. I can't wait to see everyone again! I finished school supply shopping a few weeks ago. All I have to do now is film my end of the summer video. Angelina is coming over later to help, she's also bringing a few of our friends,  Ariana, Milania, Gianna, and Halia. They're my best friends, we met in second grade.
I still don't know what I should do for our end of the summer video, I was thinking maybe like have a pool party with some of our friends. I texted Angelina l see what she thought we should do.
Kenzie⭐️- hey we have to come up with some end of summer video ideas, what do you think???
Lena💜- how about like a water balloon fight, I don't know.
Kenzie⭐️- I was thinking we could have a pool party at my house, sound like a plan?
Lena💜- yeah, that works. Who are you inviting?
Kenzie⭐️ -just the girls, anybody else I should invite?
Lena💜- no
Then I  turned off my phone and went do stairs to ask my mom.
"Hey mom, can I have a pool party with some of my friends?" I asked. She said yeah. Now I just have to text a few people. So I created a group chat.
Kenzie- hey guys, who wants to come over later for a pool party?
Lena- I will
Halia- sure
Ariana- I have no plans, so sure
Gianna- did you ask mom already (Gianna and Halia are twins)
Halia - yeah, we can go
Gianna- k what time
Kenzie- um like three
Halia- could i bring someone with me
Kenzie- yeah I guess
Then I turned off my phone and got ready. I wonder who Halia is bringing with her, I can't think of anyone shed want to come other than who was already invited. I picked out my purple bikini. I put it on, then I put my 5SOS crop top on over it with some light jean shorts. Then I French braided my hair and went to set up the pool.
I started by cleaning out the pool, then getting the inflatables ready. Then I got the towels and put some chairs out.
By the time I went inside, it was two-thirty. I went to take my makeup off then just played on my phone until I heard a knock at the door. It was Ariana.
" Hey Ari!" We hugged.
" Hey, is anyone else here yet?" I shook my head. " Oh, who do you think Halia's bringing?" She asked.
" I really don't know."  I said, then my mom came out from the kitchen.
"Hey, Kenzie, hey, Ariana. I have to go to work for the night, I'm sorry, it's an emergency, but have fun at your pool party! Love you!" She said, walking out of the door.
" Love you too! Bye!" She waved and left.
" So I guess we have the house to ourselves." Ariana said, I nodded. Then Angelina and Milania showed up, I greeted them then waited for Halia and Gianna.
Finally after a few minutes Gianna knocked on the door, alone.
" Where's  Halia?" I asked, she pointed to the car, Halia was standing there with some guy. " Who's that guy?" I asked. Gianna shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. The Halia walked up with him.
" Hey, Kenz. This is Cade. Cade, that's Mackenzie." She said to us.
" Hi, nice to meet you." I said, holding out my hand. He shook it and said " you too". We went to the pool, and got in. I got out and started filming. " Hey, guys! It's Mackenzie! And today I am having a pool party with some friends to celebrate the end of summer so I thought I would  film jt." I said to the camera. Then paused the recording. Then I just filmed what I needed to the rest of the day. Then it was time for everyone to go home. We said bye, then Ariana was the last one there.
" Hey Ari, do you wanna sleepover?" I asked.
" Yasssssss!" I laughed at that then smiled. We went up stairs and watched a movie while I edited the video.  We went to bed at like nine because of school tomorrow.