A Crazy Day

"In a world where everybody decides to leave your side and not ever looking back at least out of concern is a world I refuse to live in. The tears I've cried and the hurt I've felt for so many years have now fated away like the feelings I once felt, years ago. I hate people as much as I breathe. There is no accepting anyone, people are toxic..... and the feelings are poison.."

"..Let me tell you the story about a girl named Jasmine." Grandma continued as she placed me on her lap and stroking my hair gently as I nibbled on one of her freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

'Once upon a time, there was a girl named Jasmine. She was one of the most cold hearted people I ever met, but she wasn't born cold hearted, she was made into the person she became. After losing her older brother to cancer, her family decided to move away to a new city, for the pain they felt when they walked into their home was unbearable. Her brother was the only person she could rely on. Her parents seemed to always be arguing since she was a kid. It didn't seem right, 'if two people can argue this much, then they can use that energy to file for divorce instead of wasting their breathes' she thought. Her brother was always her for her, he was like her real father. But now he was no more and she was left to wander this cruel world on her own. Life was so cruel, she felt like she only ran into bad luck throughout her life. Her mother, oh her poor mother then started working three jobs to support her. Jasmine grew colder, alone, her mother was never there. Her father met someone new and left after they moved. He has a new family now. Six years already passed by but every time she thought about it, it made her sick. 'He was a disgusting human being' she thought.

"Jasmine honey, you're going to be late for school. Wake up! Up up up!" Her mother knocked on her door repeatedly. Jasmine rolled over, completely ignoring her mother's call and covered her ears. "Jasmine, open the door! Jasmine? I've got to go to work, I need to see you wake up at least before I leave, I'm going to be late!" Her mother continues knocking.
"Go away old hag! I got it, I'm up! Just stop knocking on my door, you're disturbing my morning peace!!!" Jasmine snaped as she threw a pillow at the door. "There's breakfast on the table... I'll be leaving now" her mother responded after a few seconds of silence.
"Finally...." Jasmine rolled her eyes and goes back to sleep. In a world as terrible and stressful as the one Jasmine lived in, she only wanted to sleep and forget about everything. When she slept, she didn't dream, she didn't dare to dream, because dreams were fantasies that would never come true but whenever she did dream..... her brother was there and she was happy, just for a minute. They would talk and she would tell him everything...

A few hours later, she woke up and got dressed. She decided to go to school. It was probably 4th period by then but she didn't care, she would go even at the last minute of the last period. The criticisms didn't get to her, her upset mother or principal didn't get to her. She had the toughest shell ever, no one could hurt her anymore.

On her way to school, she met an old lady begging on the side walk where she usually liked to walk as she soothed her mind with music. "Won't you spare a dollar, miss? I'm hungry.." the old lady took a few steps towards her and joined her hands together in a begging way. Jasmine took a few steps back and gave the old lady a disgusted look. The old lady's lips moved and Jasmine did not even bother taking off her ear buds to listen. But for some reason, she heard. "The day you decide to change is the day you will be able to break this curse..."
Jasmine took a few steps passed the old lady, it just hit her that it wasn't in the song. Those words echoed through her ear buds. It was strange....
She turned around and flashed a confused look at the old lady, who had vanished into thin air.....