Ed Sheeran

This is dedicated to all Sheerios out there including me.

Here are some facts about the brilliant singer-songwriter-rapper-beatboxer Ed Sheeran.

1. His full name is Edward Christopher Sheeran.

2. He was born on 17th February 1991.

3. Ed was brought up in the town of Framlingham in Suffolk.

4. Ed's first music was released in 2005 in the form of an EP named "The Orange Room".

5. Ed was 13 when recording "The Orange Room" which features four tracks - I Love You, Addicted, Misery and Moody Ballad Of Ed.

6. Ed's next album was released in 2006 and was named "Ed Sheeran".

7. It featured tracks such as Open Your Ears, Beyond The Pale and Insomniac's Lullaby.

8. Ed's next EP was entitled "Want Some?" and was released in 2007.

9. "Want Some?" had songs such as "I Can't Spell" and "You Break Me".

10. In 2008, Ed moved to London to work on starting a music career.

11. He regularly played gigs in small venues and sometimes performed to groups of as little as five people.

12. Ed auditioned for ITV's musical drama 'Britannia High' which featured music written by Gary Barlow.

13. Ed failed to get a part in the show, as did Pixie Lott who had also auditioned.

14. Ed opened a gig in Norwich for two-piece band Nizlopi, who are famous for their number one track 'The JCB Song'.

15. In 2009, Ed released EP 'You Need Me' which featured an earlier version of later single 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You'.

16. In 2009 Ed played 312 gigs.

edsheeran-1D

17. Ed once toured with English musician Just Jack.

18. He released four EPs in 2010.

19. The first was "Let It Out EP".

20. His next EP was "Loose Change" which included his eventual breakthrough song "The A Team".

21. The next EP to be released was "Songs I Wrote With Amy" which was a collection of tracks Ed had worked on with singer songwriter Amy Wadge.

22. The final EP of 2010 was "Live at the Bedford".

23. Ed went on tour with Example in 2010.

24. He went to LA in 2010 and performed at several open mic nights.

25. Whilst performing in LA, he was spotted by comedian, actor and musician Jamie Foxx who gave him use of his recording studio.

26. Ed released his final independent EP "No. 5 Collaborations Project" in 2011.

27. The album featured guest artists such as Devlin, Wiley, JME and Wretch 32.

28. Track "Little Lady" was a dark reworking of "The A Team" featuring rapper Mikill Pane.

29. "No. 5 Collaborations Project" reached number 46 in the UK Albums Chart.

30. After finding some success with the album, Ed put on a free show in Camden. However, over 1000 people turned up, so he put on four shows to make sure everyone got a chance to watch.

31. After this, Ed Sheeran signed a deal with Atlantic Records.

32. In April 2011, Ed performed "The A Team" on TV show "Later... With Jools Holland".