Remember

~Adrien's P.O.V~

With a deep breath and a thundering heart, I lightly knocked on the not too familiar wooden door. I had only been there once, not long ago and without her proper invitation. The day everything changed. The day the life I knew and loved shattered into millions of glistening crystals I very much wished to put together. The day that had been bound to happen since the very beginning of our story but I denied.

With a soft turn of the knob, the door opened, revealing a warm yet sad and pitiful smile.

"Adrien, I'm glad you could make it," her voice full of pity through that half hearted smile.

She knew it had wounded me so very profoundly, it had pierced through my sole being. And I knew she hurt too, though she hadn't had it as rough as I did. She hadn't faded into darkness.

"Anything for her," I said breathlessly.

I wouldn't cry now, not again. I promised I wouldn't.

"Come in," the kind women offered with a soft smile.

There it was, again, the pity in her yes that made them less brighter. Taking in the looks of the woman I couldn't help but realize how much Marinette resembled to her mother. Her night blue hair and her almond shaped eyes, also, the way they brightened whenever she smiled.

Her smile. It was something I'd never want to forget; I'd never allow myself to do so. It was our promise, to always remember each other in the best way. Smiling.

But now that promise was gone. Little by little it faded away, like the shinning sun through the horizon, it dimmed the light in each of those memories. They flew through the wind like petals and they withered into nothing, vanishing.

I couldn't hold it any longer. I breathed deeply, inhaling all the tears, all the pain inflicted upon my being.

And said.

"Could I go to her room?"

Sabine looked at me with regret, probably repenting the fact of calling me here in such a state. She knew I couldn't resist the pain, all the hurt. She knew I couldn't bear to see her.

"Of course, sweetie, you'll always be welcome here," she said with a sincere smile. I could sense the truth behind it.

With a nod, I rushed upstairs, the tears I'd tried to hold now materializing into small, clear beads of water that fell freely through my face without remorse.

Entering her room, I closed the door, leaning my back against it with closed eyes. I breathed deeply, willing myself to get a grip of these emotions that wanted to be set free like a lone bird in a cage.

Minutes later, and with a trembling breath, I opened my eyes, tears coating them, blurring out the features of the room. I could make out the light pink and the cream white of the walls as well as the beaming sunlight that poured through the window, casting shimmers through my coated eyes. I rubbed them off, allowing myself to see clearly.

The radiant light of the blazing sun in this summer afternoon radiated through the room, brightening the millions of memories engraved in the thick white paper of Polaroids. These were all placed throughout the room; some hanging from a delicate string and some glued specifically through the walls. It brought a smile to my face to see how my adored Princess lived from the age of fifteen to twenty two. And it made me the most happiest to see her radiant smile through each of those pictures.

My hand glided through the wall as it brushed through each of the memories she had lived the past seven years. From the cute but klutzy student to the charming and hardworking woman I fell in love with.