Introducing Etho

Kid/Teen!Mindcrackers. Who are messed up in the brain yayayayay! Etho has a speech impediment and suffers from depression. I’ll figure out the problems for the rest of them later. I’ll probably introduce the rest of them later. I won’t have every single Mindcracker have a main part in this series.

If you have an idea for one of the guys please comment <3

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM ME IF I AM WRITING A MENTAL ILLNESS WRONG. PLEASE. I BEG YOU. I DON’T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE WITH THIS. I WILL NOT GET MAD.

WARNING : THERE MAY BE TRIGGERS IN THIS SERIES. IT DEALS WITH BULLYING, DEPRESSION AND MANY MENTAL HEATH PROBLEMS.

"Hey, look, it’s Etho.

"Haha, what a loser, sitting alone."

"What type of person reads? Wasting time filling your head with stupid ideas instead of playing with the cool kids.”

"You kidding me? He’d never fit in with us! Nerds aren’t accepted here!

"Hey, Etho, you gonna go home and cry to your mommy about us?"

"Or your speech therapist?”

"I bet he is, what a wimp."

"Nerd!"

"LOOOOSEEER!!!"

"Go die, weirdo!"

"Nobody likes you!"

These were some of the things the 11 year old boy had to listen to every day. He pretended that they just bounced off of him, as the saying goes, “I’m like rubber and you’re like glue. Words bounce off of me and stick to you.” but it was the exact opposite. The constant taunting really got to Etho. Eventually, the words began to fill his thoughts, words in his head constantly repeating the words that the other boys said to him. At least theycould pronounce them right. His daily life was filled with a dark cloud hanging over his head, raining down negative thoughts and terrible feelings.

He dreaded school, faking sick nearly every day, somehow keeping his grades up. Nobody noticed. Or maybe they just didn’t care. According to Etho, this was the most likely thought process going through their heads. Who cared about him, right? He could fall off a cliff and nobody would care. He didn’t even know why.

The thing was, he had never done anything wrong. He didn’t talk too much, never said a mean word to a single soul, never did anything out of line. Every day he wished he could go back in time and become one of the ‘cool kids’. Had he never picked up reading maybe he wouldn’t be like this. Maybe he’d be normal. Maybe he’d be loved.

Books were his escape. He could throw himself into a fantasy world with perfect human beings. Strong, brave, adventerous, wise, loved. Where the worst problems were dragons or villains or imminent doom. He wished he was lucky enough to deal with mystical creatures or crazy people.

Instead, he was stuck with the voices in his head.